ꜜ⨳﹒𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐑 - 3 ıllı

KING EDEN BY RowanCarver

REVIEWER: Mitali2203

➔ TITLE:

The title of the book is simply the name of its protagonist. At first glance I thought it was a story about a king or a ruler, but I was amazed when I found out that it is the name of the female protagonist.

Also, the trope of calling Eden a 'King' was clever and in a way, showed her power and capabilities, but I do think that adding a subtitle would be really useful.

➔ COVER:

The cover of the book is stunning and beautiful. That font is quite visible and the placement of all the tropes is just right.

The background of the cover seems like a chaos and gives away the vibe it needs but I do think it isn't like the covers in sci-fi genre. I can't really understand the circle or oracle in the middle of the cover but nonetheless, the cover is eye-catching.

➔ BLURB:

This is the kind of a blurb I would see in bookstores. It is of excellent quality - nothing less, nothing more.

The way the protagonist, conflict and the cliffhanger is blended in the blurb is commendable. It threw me off the edge and I was invested into the story at the very last line.

The line, "Victory requires sacrifice, defeat promises the destruction of everything King holds dear." just felt out of the place and maybe you can twist and turn it a little. Also, separate the clauses into different sentences. Other than that, the use of adverbs can be reduced in the blurb. The overuse of adverbs ruins the essence of the writing.

Lastly, it was one of the best blurbs I have ever read.

➔ FIRST IMPRESSION:

The descriptions were on point. The narratives teleported me to that dimension. I could vividly imagine the ruined city which is in rags of destruction and the way one would reminisce about the glory it held.

The way Eden heard the heartbeats and the mere speculations made by her was a really clever way of showing her observation skills. The narratives are well balanced with the right amount of dialogues.

One of the things that I notice is that the character of the King is powerful but also prideful. But, the love for her son is pure and it will be intriguing to see her make the choice.

Also, the character of 'Z' was also a great addition. We got to know many things through their conversation which slightly put together the pieces of the story and created a base which kept me hooked.

I would suggest changing the first line because it didn't interest me to read more. The story gets better later on in the chapter but make a powerful start which would take the reader by surprise and force them to dive into the book.

Again, a great start but breaking the long sentences into small chunks will help the readers and they won't be bored.

➔ CHARACTERS AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT:

The character of King aka Eden is the limelight of the whole plot. From what the chapters say - she is a strong woman with deep scars.

The way she was ready to make any deals to save her son was what connected me to her. She is a warrior and that is clearly reflected in her behavior as I have mentioned early, but she is prideful and that is something which should be used for her character development. Also, I would like to see more of her dynamics with her husband.

The next character will be her son, Eli, who is also witty and clever like her mother. I don't know what this character will turn out to be later on but I hope it's just not a flat character. His smartness was something that took me aback because he was firm on the opinion of not trusting his father.

Now, I really want to see more of Fix. I don't know but his back story is really captivating. If he was among them, what happened to him in the past? I hope to see a more emotional side of him for Eden and Eli.

The writer has done a great job at portraying the characters. Also, I won't be commenting on character development given to the fact that there are only two chapters available.

➔ GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY:

The author has a good command over the language and I love the way it turns out to be. The choice of the words isn't abrupt and creates a vivid image of the surroundings and the various scenes. I do think that the fighting scenes had some similar vocabulary or chain or words.

➔ SUGGESTIONS:

I would like to see more of Fix and Eli. The character of Eden is a unique character, so I hope you will do justice to it. Try to be more emotional with your narratives and other than it's among the best books I ever read.

➔ PERSONAL ENJOYMENT:

I really liked reading the book even though I am not into the sci-fi genre. At times, I felt lost but everything made sense as the story progressed.

➔ OVERALL:

I wasn't expecting a roller coaster, but I got it. I loved the book and the characters and I think every side character should have their own space in the storyline.

Balancing the main character and other characters is hard but I do have hopes from this book. The descriptions of the places were so good that I felt I am right there in the story besides the character.

A good book with incredible characters.