✷﹒𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓 - 1﹗

The New Helel BY Aleksandr_Vincente

REVIEWER: hooWoman

▹ COVER - 2/5

The only thing which comes to my mind when I see the cover is 'The demon' AKA Lucifer, but 'The new Helel' confused me a bit.

The font colour you used in the title and author's name wasn't a good move. I can't even see the author's name as it's blunt with the background image. The title moreover looks like a subtitle because of the font size. So please change them both and make the cover look attractive.

TITLE - 3.5/5

'The New Helel'

Helel grabbed my attention because I had no idea what it meant until I read your Glossary chapter. It's great that you took some time out to think about the unique title you could get, but I worry that most of the people won't know this anyway. Good job.

BLURB - 3/5

The blurb is short and informative. The blurb plays an important part as the reader decides if they should read the book or not, and I believe that after reading the blurb the readers would definitely give it a try.

Also, try using some attractive dialogues or short scenarios which represent the story well and promise the readers that it's going to stand out from the rest of Lucifer stories.

▹ THE FIRST CHAPTER - 2.5/ 5

In the first chapter, I don't think I need to review anything, the chapter was too short, the only thing we see is a story represented and at the end showing Lucifer's character trait, which was a good job, like you go all serious in the start and humour is added to relieve tension.

▹ THE PACING OF THE STORY - 8/10

The pacing is well maintained, and there isn't any rush. Each chapter is well described.

▹ PLOT - 17/20

Not the cliche Lucifer plots. The story is unique in its own way. The demon who is trying to get back to his position and trying to reach where he belongs is something unique when it comes to Lucifer's stories. The story hasn't finished so I can't tell what else you are planning to do further.

▹ WRITING STYLE - 16/20

Your writing style isn't bad but still, it needs a bit of brushing. You need to give more attention to character description as well, otherwise every other thing is fine.

▹ GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY - 8/10

There are a few punctuation errors here and there but they aren't very noticeable so it's fine. Use Google Docs when you write your book, it really helps to keep a check on your grammatical mistakes.

Coming to vocab, whenever you have used unique words you have mentioned them which I really appreciate as it's irritating to go to Google and check for the meaning in between the reading.

▹ CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT - 6/10

I didn't see this. I didn't even see many descriptions of the characters as well. You did a great job at describing the scenarios but you somehow missed the description and development of characters.

▹ READERS ENJOYMENT -

I have enjoyed reading the book till now. Would love to read further. Good luck.