ꜜ⨳﹒𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐑 - 1 ıllı

BITS AND PIECES BY sunangel6

REVIEWER: Mitali2203

➔ TITLE:

The title of the book is simple yet aesthetic. It gives out the perfect idea of what the book is about. Random short stories and some taken from your own books. Personally, I liked the title but you can twist and turn it a little.

➔ COVER:

The cover of the book if taken a deeper look has a metaphorical meaning. It is a direct representation of the title : Bits and Pieces of papers or books. But, is it eye-catching? No, the cover can be improved.

A more distinct and a little less bright cover will really look good and fit with the overall theme. The font can be changed to something more curvy and the shiny effect could be reduced.

➔ BLURB:

The blurb of a collection of short stories has always remained tricky but your blurb does its work of making a reader curious.

Now, what I think is that the snippets were not too catchy or intriguing. Maybe try giving a snippet through a question. This will not only make the reader curious but also leave a little cliffhanger.

I will suggest removing some of the blurbs and keep the best one only. Again, just a suggestion.

➔ WRITING STYLE:

The writing style of an author refers to a consistent way of writing their story. For example, irrespective of the genre change or the book, the writing style helps us to recognize the writer. Frankly, it's the signature style of a writer.

Now, you seem to have it but it isn't well developed. A basic flow of writing was observed in many short stories but it was short and changing constantly. You can improve it by being more into your writing style than the character.

➔ GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY:

You have a good grip over your language and words. But, some words seemed abrupt or not so fitting.

Remember, it isn't about using fancy words but about delivering emotions. The vocabulary was good and some spelling mistakes were spotted in later stories.

Now, since it's a collection of stories, I have changed the structure of the review.

➔ ANALYSIS:

The stories were really good and had an independent storyline if not for the continued ones. The way of writing was really commendable. But, I felt that the stories didn't give a complete idea or their ending could have been better. Once in a while, a narrative felt repetitive or the words did.

The way the emotions were portrayed gave me chills, but if looked thoroughly then I don't get the feels from each of the story. Diplomatic advice would be to keep your best stories at the starting and the ones which require more improvement at the back.

The narratives were good but some settings seemed the same. Now, the good part was that each story had something different to offer and I didn't feel bored.

FINAL REMARK: A good collection of short stories which requires a better execution.