✷﹒𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓 - 3﹗

The Murder of Alastair Lysen by Rvelra

Reviewer : hooWoman

▹ COVER: 3/5

Let's start from the top.

The author's name is visible somewhat but 'a short novel by' written on the top of the author's name (I don't know if it's correct, I just made a wild guess as I honestly don't know what exactly it is) is blurred which is not fully your fault as Wattpad compresses the covers to an extent that the reader can't figure out what exactly is on the cover.

I would suggest you use larger fonts which are visible and don't overlap the title of the book.

Coming to the title 'THE MURDER OF ALASTAIR LYSEN' is simple and quite attractive. The white font colour, size and style look perfect in it's own way. The background image is catchy and attracts people to read.

Now coming to the bottom of the cover, the subtle area where you have written something but it's impossible to read. I don't use glasses FYI, my eyes are perfect, so please try to figure out the font size.

Apart from these, the rest are okay.

▹ TITLE: 3/5

Attractive but it doesn't give the actual vibe of the book. The book is more about justice and peace.

▹ BLURB: 3.5/5

'Regrets reading this at 1 A.M.'
'Rubs both hands, takes a deep breath and places my hands back to the keyboard and my eyes back on the screen.'

So, this story is probably about a teenage boy who was murdered, and it will revolve around the teenage girl giving the biology test and the murdered teenage boy.

Okay, interesting. Let me not presume things.

The blurb does give chills and a summary of the story which is balanced without any spoilers but I would have loved to see a bit more about the female protagonist in the blurb, and her background story a bit.

▹ FIRST CHAPTER: 3.4/5

HEAD, The nucleus is present in the head which gives energy to the sperm and the tail helps to move.

'My inner biology student is already disappointed at the female protagonist and in love with the male protagonist.'

In the first chapter we see the female protagonist, Tara Banks, giving her biology test without studying and out of nowhere she hears a voice telling her the answers and (drum rolls) we see our much-awaited male protagonist, Alastair Lysen.

She somehow completes the test and storms out of the class trying to run away from Alastair but eventually, she sees Alastair floating in the sky 'Ghost privilege'.

Alastair just wanted to talk to her but Tara wanted to do all the drama to know if he was real. Okay, I understand she is feeling insane but that freaking ghost just told her the answers for the test, how real do you want him to be now? And at the end of the chapter Alastair vanishes into thin air.

The part where you have explained about Alastair's ghost makes it a bit confusing. Tara wasn't freaked out which is weird, she was more into getting answers from the ghost rather than checking if he was real or if she was hallucinating.

He vanishes at the end is the perfect ending you gave for the first chapter. We all know he's going to come back but still, I felt it was perfect.

▹ PACING OF THE STORY: 8.5/10

I don't have much to say about the pacing of this story as I feel it's perfectly done. You don't have to make any changes.

▹ PLOT: 9.5/20

The story mainly is about a high school senior, Alastair, who was killed by his best friend because of jealousy. The boy's ghost has been craving for justice for the past 6 years, trying to find someone who can listen to him and help in getting justice and one day he shows himself to Tara who's ready to help him.

The chemistry between them was beautiful. We all know at the end they both weren't going to end up together as the story is all about the ghost getting justice and the spark between them won't have a future.

It's rare to find these kinds of books on Wattpad. So yeah I loved the plot.

▹ WRITING STYLE: 18/20

You wrote it in the third person perspective which at first I thought would make an issue in the later chapters but it didn't. It went on well and their emotions were shown well.

▹ GRAMMAR AND VOCAB: 8/10

The story is well polished and I can't find many grammatical mistakes. The book was an easy read even for a non-native English speaker. The usage of words was up to the mark.

▹ CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT: 8/10

I loved both the characters.

Tara is a tough girl who is serious most of the time and our ghost man was all funny and smart. Their chemistry was incredible. I loved them so much.

I would have loved to see more about Tara, I know the story is mostly about Alastair getting justice and peace but it would have been an amazing read if we came to know more about Tara and how things turned out for her.

▹ READER'S INTEREST: 9/10

I loved the book. I rarely get to read some really good books on Wattpad and this is one of them. The horror, pain, humour everything is mixed quite well. Sadly, the book has only a few reads. I hope this book reaches great heights.

Goodluck.