✷﹒𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓 - 1﹗

HEAL THESE BATTLE SCARS BY vanillagalaxiez

REVIEWER: hooWoman

Please before filling a form, check which genres I accept. I'm not good at historic fictions, and this book doesn't come under romance genre as I was told.

▹ COVER

I don't see romance in the cover and the cover isn't going to attract the romance genre readers.

Starting from the top sub title you used, it perfectly shows that it's an historic fiction and a war novel and that romance is a sub genre, same goes with the subtitle you've used in the bottom of the title. Coming to the title, the font used for the title is perfect. It suits perfectly with the background cover.

I personally believe that award stickers should be posted in the authors note rather than on the cover unless it's watty, it's just that the beauty of the cover is lost but at the end it's your choice.

▹ TITLE

"Heal These Battle Scars"

The title makes me feel the pain, the pain caused by the war. People who have lost their family, friends and home.

It's just a four-word title but I can see a lot of stories hidden behind the title. It's a perfect choice for the title.

▹ BLURB

The blurb gave a perfect summary of the story. I don't think you need to change anything here.

▹ FIRST CHAPTER

So in the first chapter, we see the detailed description of Xiao Zhan. At some point I was confused if Xiao zhan is being captured or was going to join his duty, so it may cause trouble to understand for the general audience but I don't think it'll be a problem to the readers who knows the history.

The first chapter is well written and the cliffhanger you used is great, you have perfectly built the craving for the next chapter. So good job.

▹ WRITING STYLE

You've written the book from third persons point of view and it's done quite well.

The emotions you were trying to show is been showed perfectly. I loved your writing style plus you've a good command over the English language, and I don't think you're a native speaker.

▹ GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY

At some points, you've missed the punctuations, but they aren't that noticeable although I suggest you correct them.

▹ OVERALL

The book is great but a person who has more experience with reviewing historic fiction could have reviewed this book better.