ꜜ⨳﹒𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐑 - 2 ıllı

SELFLESS BY aprilsamore

REVIEWER: Mitali2203

➔ TITLE:

The title of the story doesn't make sense to me. I can't decipher who is ‘selfless’ here or what selfish/selfless act has been made. Nevertheless, the story hasn't unfolded much so maybe it will make sense later on. 

➔ COVER:

The background of the cover is beautiful and the color scheme used is aesthetic and easy on the eyes but the typography isn't up to the mark.

The subtitles used to be placed at the bottom or above or right below the main title. Also, the title needs to be enlarged since it isn't quite visible.

The second subtitle isn't readable due to its small size. It can be a great cover with some changes and adjustments. 

➔ BLURB:

The blurb of the book intrigued me and I wanted to dive deep into it. I was keen on finding the demons and unveiling the reason for the nightmares, but it can be improved.

The emotional appeal of the blurb is commendable but I think you can add some background to the story too. The blurb does its work of making a reader curious. 

➔ FIRST IMPRESSION (PROLOGUE):

The prologue isn't more than 200/300 words but still, it shook my ground. The metaphors used were just chef's kiss and the way it kind of rhymed got my heart.

Also, the amount of emotions merged into the prologue made me happy yet sad. I think the last line can be twisted a little to rhyme a little and leave a greater impact. Also, I think this type of prologues needs to be appreciated more. 

Note: The book doesn't have sufficient chapters to be reviewed as a whole and also, the chapters are short in length. So, I will use a different method of reviewing. 

➔ ANALYSIS OF THE CHAPTERS:

CHAPTER 1:

The chapter started with an intense scene between William and Athena. Now, the tense could have been depicted more vividly. Like, showing how they stole glances at each other, their restlessness, or the constant stares at the door or on Alora.

What I loved about this chapter was the sweet bickering between the sisters and the way Liam was portrayed. The bond between Alora and Liam caught my eye the most. 

So, a good start but I think you can be more descriptive with the surroundings. 

CHAPTER 2:

The highlight of the chapter for me was the small insight into Alora's feelings. The starting was intense but somehow the scenes relaxed when the POV came and that's a really hard thing to portray.

I liked how William was a little guilty but the arrival of Antonio and the aura he carried were interesting. Also, I got to know about how Alora was treated and while reading it, it felt so simple but it is a highly complicated behavior and I could feel the excitement of Alora. 

CHAPTERS 3 AND 4:

These chapters mainly focused on Antonio and Alora's departure. These chapters made me feel pity for Alora because she didn't know what she was getting herself into.

The way Antonio was sexually harassing her or to be more precise the bad touches of him filled me with rage and the sudden emotional perspective of Athena seemed rushed but again, it was a good chapter. 

CHAPTER 5:

This chapter gave us more of Liam and his determination to find his litter sisters. But, it felt rushed. 

➔ EMOTIONAL APPEAL:

The emotions seemed rushed. Like, in the first chapter Athena didn't care but then she did. The sisters shared a playful bond but then she changed. You need to show the emotions and show their thoughts and feelings. 

➔ GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY:

The writer has knowledge in this field and I think your choice of words is good but I think it can be improved. Some words felt repeated and the structures of sentences appear to be the same even though they aren't. 

➔ OVERALL:

The author has a great writing style which is captivating. Though the theme of being taken by a rich person is common, the twist of her brother trying to find her is interesting. The book just needs some changes and then, it can do well.