love

billie's eyes quickly filled with more tears as she backed away on the couch. "what?!" she shook her head. "no i- i'm not. i can't be."

"billie it's okay-"

"no it's not!" i don't want to be in love, claud!" she yelled, earning a sigh from claudia. "i know how much you hate falling in love but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing." billie shook her head vigorously. "i can't be in love. i just..cant." she wiped her tears away, only for more to flow. "billie, i've known y/n since we were kids. i can assure you she's not like any one of your exes. she really does care about you and she wouldn't do anything to hurt you, not on purpose."

a few seconds of silence later, billie spoke up. "i'm just scared." she whispered, as she pulled her legs closer to her chest and buried her face in her knees. claudia looked at her and frowned, pulling billie closer to her body and hugging her tight, rocking her from side to side. "i know. but just give her a chance." she whispered into billie's ear and wiped her tears away. "it's gonna be fine, i promise." claudia reassured her, a sigh escaping billie's lips. "i'll try." was all she said before hugging claudia tight.

they sat in the comfort of each others' arms for a few minutes, billie taking her time to calm down. "can you uhm..can you please not tell anyone about this? not y/n, not finneas, not anyone? please?"

claudia nodded, smiling. "don't worry. your secret's safe with me."

-----------------

"bye i love you, drive safe!" claudia yelled as she waved to billie. "i love you too!" billie yelled back from her car, before rolling the windows back up and driving away.

billie was certainly happy with how her conversation with claudia went. she got a lot off her chest and it felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. she'd always been scared of falling in love and had promised herself that she wouldn't fall again, especially after last time. she really didn't want to give y/n a chance to hurt her like everyone else did, but claudia had convinced her to trust y/n.

waiting for the signal to turn green, billie pulled her phone out and went on instagram, only to be met by a bunch of notifications, all of them from her comment under y/n's post.

she'd completely forgotten about that.

billieeilish: absolutely gorgeous❤️
y/n: thank youu ily
bilsangel: they're dating i'm calling it
billiestitties: omg what the fuckfjfk?:?!
y/nismommy: they'd make such a cute
couple i'm going to sob
view 637 more replies

chuckling, she sighed. maybe people wouldn't frown upon her if she came out. with a content smile on her lips, billie drove back home, faint music playing in the background.

-----------------

it was only around 9am the next morning, so billie was utterly confused when she received a text from y/n.

y/n
open the door

billie
huh?

y/n
open the door i'm outside

"what the fuck.." billie mumbled before standing up and making her way to the front door.

opening the door, she was engulfed in a hug. "hi." y/n whispered into billie's neck as she ran her hands down billie's back, sending a shiver through her spine.

"hey." billie smiled as they pulled away. "what are you doing here?" she looked y/n up and down.

y/n chuckled. "i felt bad for not going out with you for dinner the other day so i thought i'd take you out somewhere. that is, if you're free of course."