lockdown

"hi." billie grinned at the screen before propping her phone up against the table, getting comfortable on her bed and picking up the phone once again.

"hi baby." y/n answered, smiling at her girlfriend. "how'd the meeting go?"

"it went great, actually! we talked about details for the documentary and shit. but it was only a zoom meeting so i'm kinda pissed at mom for making me come home to attend it."

y/n laughed at the last part of her sentence, shaking her head. "i'm glad the meeting went well, love." billie's stomach did cartwheels at the pet name, a blush growing on her cheeks as she let out a soft giggle.

she was going to say something but was interrupted by a knock on the door, followed by her mom walking in. "hey honey." she spoke, looking at billie nervously.

"yeah?" she asked, anxious to what her mom had to say.

"i know you're not going to like this but they've announced a complete lockdown. we're not allowed to leave our houses. so you can't go see y/n or your friends." her mom explained, giving her a sympathetic smile. "i'm sorry." she spoke and noticed y/n on facetime with billie. so she gave her daughter a kiss on the head and left, leaving the two lovebirds alone.

"what the fuck.." billie mumbled, looking at y/n. "a complete lockdown?"

"well hey, at least we got to fuck today."

"shut up!" billie giggled with a blush, her mood slightly uplifted at the joke. "i'm going to miss you, bozo." she sighed, biting her bottom lip as she stared at her screen.

"i'm going to miss you too, idiot." y/n gave her a grin, billie letting out a soft laugh. "it's okay though, we'll see each other soon enough, yeah?"

billie nodded, sighing. her phone then started going crazy, thanks to her instagram blowing up.

"oh my god." she murmured, clicking on the app as her eyes went wide.

of course. the pictures. how could she forget.

scrolling through the various comments, she felt an all too familiar lump in her throat. she shook her head with a sigh before deleting the app off her phone, clicking back on the facetime call to look at y/n.

y/n seemed to be just as shocked as her, her mouth slightly open. "baby.." she mumbled, clicking off the app and turning back to the screen.

tears were flowing down billie's cheeks as she quickly wiped them away before speaking up, her voice shaking. "you just had to hold my hand, didn't you?" she asked with a soft scoff.

"what-"

"no, shut up! i tried so many times to let you know that i didn't want to hold your hand! but you just couldn't let go, could you?" billie yelled, y/n furrowing her eyebrows.

"baby i didn't realize-"

"don't fucking call me that!" billie yelled again, y/n trying her best to stay calm.

"billie, i swear i didn't mean for this to happen-"

"you're so selfish!" billie yelled, y/n now losing her temper.

"selfish?! how the fuck am i selfish? i didn't know i wasn't allowed to hold my own girlfriends hand, especially right after we had sex!" she yelled, scoffing soon after. "goodness, i'm sorry for caring enough to make you feel loved."

"i- you just-" billie let out an exasperated groan as she let her tears flow. "i wish i'd never met you!" she yelled, y/n's eyes growing wide as tears started forming in them.