camping

"billie? billie wake up! we have to leave in ten!" maggie called out, making billie groan and look at the clock on her bedside table.

6:20 am

she sighed before getting up, throwing the covers off of her. today was the day billie, finneas, maggie and patrick were going on their annual week in the woods, accompanied by claudia and y/n.

billie sat up and rubbed her eyes, letting out a few breaths before yawning loudly. getting off her bed, she lazily walked over to her bathroom and did her business, before throwing on the outfit she'd already picked out the previous night. she didn't bother to take a bath, she could do that once she reached the cabin.

"billie, are you coming?! it's six thirty five! we have to go!" patrick yelled from outside, making billie rush to the door.

"i'm here, i'm ready!" she locked the door behind her as she walked to the minivan that her father had rented, going to the back and getting comfortable.

"billie, you told y/n to be ready by six fifty, right?" maggie questioned, making billie sigh and look out the window.

"i told claudia to tell her."

billie hadn't seen y/n since that night. you know, the one where they kissed. no, neither of them had spoken to or even texted each other since. both of them wanted to reach out, but they were too cowardly to do so.

finneas had told billie to clear the air before the trip where y/n and billie would have to share a cabin and a bed for a whole week and while billie agreed with him, the timing just wasn't right.

the two of them wanted to talk it out in person, so why not do it when they're stuck in a room together?

billie's parents were, of course, oblivious to what had happened. and billie certainly didn't plan on telling them anytime soon.

this should be an interesting trip.

billie had been thinking for so long that she hadn't even noticed when the car stopped for finneas and claudia, until finneas flicked her forehead.

"hey!" she glared at him, making him laugh as he took his seat.

"you feeling any better today?" he whispered in billie's ear, referring to the fact that they found out from one of y/n's interviews that she doesn't like her.

"yeah i'm- i'm fine." billie lied, making finneas raise an eyebrow, not believing her one bit.

"okay."

as claudia took her seat next to finneas and shut the door, they started moving once again, this time to y/n's house.

saying that billie was nervous would be an understatement. her leg was bouncing up and down and she kept fiddling with her rings while staring out the window, her anxiety getting worse by the second.

if she was being honest, she was afraid. afraid to meet y/n. after watching that one clip of y/n's interview, billie had come to the conclusion that the only reason she had kissed billie was to be nice. and that really threw billie off, for she liked y/n a lot.

sooner than expected, the vehicle came to a halt and billie saw y/n standing outside, a sleepy look on her face.

she got into the van and thanked billie's parents, before joining billie in the back.

"hey." she said as she sat down next to her, as both of them avoided eye contact.

"hi." billie replied, just as awkward.

finneas and claudia gave each other a look before sighing, knowing this was going to be quite an awkward trip until those two figured things out.

for the rest of the drive, billie and y/n remained silent, as they thought about the events of that night, while the rest of the crew chatted and sang along to a bunch of songs, having the time of their lives.

a few awkward hours later, they had finally reached the camping site. everyone got out of the car and took their luggage, as patrick told everyone the basic rules on how not to die, and assigned everyone their cabins.

"okay, maggie and i will take the cabin behind me. finneas and claudia, you're at the cabin to my far right. and billie and y/n, you're at the cabin to my far left. now, all of you go to your cabins and relax for a bit, we'll meet at the campfire outside this cabin at around six." patrick explained, making everyone nod.

"remember the rules i told you!" patrick yelled out as everyone made their way to their cabins.

billie and y/n had to walk quite a distance to reach their cabin, and the walk was quiet. neither of them decided to speak up, but they exchanged quick glances every now and then, which only made the situation even more awkward.

if only they'd talk like they had been advised to.

when they finally reached their cabin, billie and y/n set their luggage aside before jumping onto the bed and lying down without saying a word, both of them as tired as ever.

a few minutes of silence later, billie spoke up. "hey y/n?"

y/n looked at billie and noticed how tired she looked. they had been driving since six thirty in the morning, and it was currently three in the afternoon, so she wasn't surprised. but even when she was tired, billie looked like an angel. the way her hair messily lay on her forehead which was sweaty due to the long walk to the cabin, the way her lips were swollen because she bit down on them too much when she was nervous, the way her eyes darted from y/n's eyes, to her lips, and back to her eyes again. everything about her seemed perfect. y/n wanted nothing more right now than to hold billie in her arms and kiss her until she couldn't speak.

"yeah?" y/n asked, snapping out of her trance.

billie honestly didn't know why she decided to call out to y/n. she wanted to break the silence, for it wasn't like them to be quiet for so long. but she hadn't thought this through, and now she didn't know what to say.

running different scenarios through her head, billie finally decided on one.

"i'm going to..go take a shower." she mumbled before getting up, making y/n just nod in response.

y/n sighed as she sat up, her back resting on the headboard. things were really awkward between her and billie, and she didn't like it one bit. if she was being honest, she wished she hadn't kissed billie in the first place. at least then they would've been comfortable with each other.

she had to talk to billie about it, she knew she did. there was no way either of them could enjoy this week unless they figured out what was going on between them.

y/n didn't even realize how long she had been thinking for until billie interrupted her thoughts from the bathroom.

"uh, y/n?" she called out, making y/n snap out of her thoughts. "there aren't any towels in here."

-----------------

i can't believe tour is overrr

y'all better be streaming joshua's ep

thanks for reading <3