baking

"who the fuck is lanie and how come you stopped liking billie?" claudia questioned as soon as y/n picked up the conference call.

"woah, woah, woah. slow down. what's going on?" joshua asked, eyebrow raised in confusion.

"apparently y/n told billie that she likes some other bitch now." claudia glared at the screen.

"y/n? who's she?" joshua asked, intrigued.

y/n sighed before answering. "her name is lanie. we ran into each other sometime ago when i was on a walk. and we just kinda hit it off, you know? it's not a big deal, i don't even know if i actually like her yet. i just know that she's pretty as fuck and her sense of humour is absolutely amazing."

"didn't you like billie though?" claudia asked, a bit calmer this time.

"i..i did. but she's like straight. i think. i don't know. i'm just..confused. i don't know who i like!" y/n sighed.

truth is, y/n really was confused. she found lanie wonderful. she was pretty, she was kind. but she wasn't sure if she liked lanie, or the idea of liking lanie.

and with billie..its hard. she didn't want to like her, for she is straight! right..?

not sure of her feelings, she decided that the best thing to do was to like lanie. so that's exactly what she was doing. forcing herself to like lanie.

she felt perhaps if she talked about how wonderful lanie is, she might develop feelings for her. which was why she had talked billie's ear off earlier that day.

-----------------

"honey, since finneas is bringing claudia, maybe you can bring a friend of your own to keep you company?" maggie said, peeking into billie's room.

the o'connell family was going on a camping trip. they went on one every single year and it was the one week of the year that billie could unwind and relax. usually, it was just the four of them. but since finneas and claudia were quite serious, considering the fact that they live together, claudia was coming along as well. so it would only be fair for billie to bring someone as well.

"oh, okay. thanks mom."

billie sighed as she sat up on her bed, thinking about who she should bring. the trip was in about two weeks. first, she thought about bringing either zoe or drew. she would've loved to bring one of them, but zoe was always busy with her job and they barely had time to see each other anymore, and there was no way she'd be able to take a break. drew was away with a bunch of her other friends on vacation, so obviously that wasn't an option.

the only other person who was close enough for billie to bring with them, was y/n. it had been a few days since the whole lanie incident, about a week and a half to be precise. the two of them hung out everyday ever since, which only made billie like her more.

"what could possibly go wrong?" billie mumbled, before shrugging and texting y/n, asking her about it.

billie
y/n

y/n
billie

billie
so yk how i was talking about the camping trip the other day?

y/n
mhmm

billie
well mom said i could bring a friend with me

billie
do you wanna come?

y/n
you fr???

billie
yup

billie
i mean, you don't have to if you don't want to

y/n
ofc i want to!

billie
so that's a yes then?

y/n
yes

billie
okay great :)

billie smiled to herself as she placed her phone down. "mom, y/n is coming with us!" billie yelled out, earning a muffled reply from her mother which she couldn't be bothered about.

she pulled her pillow close to her chest, burying her face in it. she had to admit, she was nervous about the trip now that y/n was coming. she somehow had to get over her by then. sharing a room alone with someone you like for a whole damn week is bound to cause trouble.

groaning into her pillow, billie sighed. as long as y/n didn't spend the entire week talking about stupid lanie, things would be fine. right?

-----------------

"flour..where the fuck is the flour?!"

"on your cheek?" y/n chuckled, making billie jump at the sudden sound.

she turned around to face y/n, her hand on her chest. "y/n! you startled me." she laughed. "what are you doing here?"

"i was bored. thought i'd take you out. but this seems more interesting." y/n said, smiling as she came up to billie and wiped the flour off her cheek. "here." y/n joked, showing her finger to billie. "your flour."

y/n certainly didn't expect billie to wrap her plump lips around her fingers, gently sucking before letting go with a 'pop' sound. a blush creeping up her cheeks, y/n chuckled as billie made a gagging sound, her nose scrunched up. the flour certainly did not taste good.

"i had no idea you baked?" y/n said in a questioning tone, making billie laugh as she turned towards the kitchen once again, her eyes finally landing on the pack of flour.

"there's a lot of things you don't know about me." billie replied, making y/n raise an eyebrow.

"oh? like what?" y/n laughed slightly, billie just shaking her head.

"some things are better left unsaid." billie smirked, but soon gasped as y/n wrapped her arms around her from behind, resting her head on billie's shoulder.

"y/n! let me go i'm trying to bake cookies!" billie squirmed, making y/n shake her head with a smile.

"nope. i'm comfortable."

"well then, you leave me no choice." billie murmured before taking some flour and throwing it at y/n's face with a cheeky smile.

"hey!" y/n said, gasping dramatically as she wiped some part of her face with her hands.

billie just stuck her tongue out with her eyes closed, making y/n smirk before sitting her finger on billie's tongue, making her taste the flour again.

"ew!" billie yelled as she opened her eyes, swatting a laughing y/n's hand away.

"you're annoying." billie joked, smiling, earning a grin from y/n.

"but you love me." y/n gave her a cheeky smile, making billie nod. "that i do."

more than you could know, y/n. more than you could know.

-----------------

woah double update go me

thoughts? predictions? requests?

thanks for reading <3