postponed

"i feel like shit." billie mumbled as she lay awake on her bed, finneas sitting next to her in an attempt to comfort her.

she had just told finneas everything that had happened with y/n which took place a whole week ago. they'd not spoken ever since and billie was growing more concerned by the second.

"have you tried calling her?" finneas asked softly, rubbing billie's back since she was facing away from him.

"yeah." billie whispered. "several times. she wouldn't answer."

finneas sighed as he took his phone out of his pocket and handed it to her. "here. try calling from my number."

billie looked at finneas before sitting up, taking his phone from him, giving him a look as if to ask if he was sure. when he gave her a nod, she quickly dialed y/n's number and waited anxiously for her to pick up.

"hey fin." y/n's voice came from the other end of the line and billie almost cried after finally hearing her.

"y/n.." billie trailed off, trying to figure out what to say. when the other girl just stayed quiet, billie spoke up. "hello? y/n are you there?"

"what do you want?" y/n asked in a harsh voice, making billie flinch a little as tears crowded her eyes.

"i- i just wanted to talk. can we please talk?" billie asked softly, stuttering on her words out of nervousness.

y/n just sighed before humming, billie letting out a sigh of relief.

"i'm sorry, y/n." billie whispered. "i was being such a bitch to you, you didn't deserve that. i took my frustrations out on you and that wasn't right, especially since all you were trying to do was comfort me. you're all i've been thinking about and i'm just- i'm so sorry, please don't leave me." billie choked on her tears by the last sentence.

y/n went silent, not knowing what to say. realizing this, billie spoke up, her lips trembling. "please say something." she whispered, almost as if the world would end if she spoke any louder.

"god, i missed you." she heard y/n mumble, billie immediately letting out a sigh of relief as she waited for y/n to continue. "i'm sorry too. i hate fighting with you. i know i shouldn't have shut you out entirely, i should've talked to you about it. i just- you kinda caught me off guard with the cheating thing, you know? like, i'd never do that to you. ever." y/n gave her a nervous chuckle, billie immediately feeling terrible.

"i know. i don't know why i said that. i'm really fucking sorry, y/n." billie spoke, genuinely sorry for her actions.

"it's okay, baby." y/n said, a smile forming on billie's face at the nickname that she so desperately wanted to hear. "are we good now?"

"yeah. i think so." billie spoke with a grin, y/n chuckling on the other end of the line.

"you know, i watched clips of your first show. and i have to say, you are absolutely amazing. your stage presence and the way you handle the crowd is just so- god, i have no words. not to mention, you are so fucking hot?! oh my god, how did i manage to land you." y/n rambled, billie blushing bright red by the end of it.

"stop it. you're making me blush!" billie giggled, y/n's heart melting at the sound she was so fond of.

"i'm serious!" y/n laughed. "i just want you to know how wonderful you are."

"i'm not all that." billie mumbled with a little smile, rolling her eyes playfully, though y/n couldn't see her.

"you are all that! i'm so lucky to be able to call you mine, you have no idea." y/n replied, billie's stomach doing backflips as her heartbeat picked up.