angry

claudia hugged y/n tightly as the younger girl just sat there, emotionless. she couldn't process what she had heard just an hour ago. she needed more time, she didn't want to believe what her parents had told her.

as soon as they broke the news, y/n couldn't help but start yelling at them. she didn't know why. she just felt like she had to yell. her parents tried calming her down but they failed miserably, only making y/n storm out of the house.

truth is, she didn't know who she was angry at. she didn't know if she was angry at her parents for not making it work, or angry at herself for not being able to fix it.

she was currently at finneas and claudia's house with both of them by her side, also accompanied by joshua. they tried their best to comfort her but she didn't need comforting. she didn't even feel anything, so what was the point of trying to make her feel better?

"this isn't your fault. you know that, right?" finneas questioned, concern laced in his voice.

she just shrugged against claudia's arm, the older girl only hugging her tighter.

they heard a click followed by the sound of a door opening before being shut, footsteps sounding through the halls. "finneas?" billie's voice echoed as she walked into the living room. "i'm here for our session." she said before her eyes landed on the people sitting on the couch.

billie's eyebrows furrowed, she didn't know what was happening. the sight of claudia holding y/n while joshua and finneas sat there with sympathetic looks on their faces all while y/n looked emotionless certainly confused her.

"is..everything okay?" billie asked a few seconds of silence later as she slowly stepped further into the room.

y/n just nodded in response, which made everyone grow more concerned. she hadn't said a word since she'd reached here, apart from "they're getting divorced."

"y/n she should know. can i tell her?" joshua asked, his voice gentle as he looked at y/n. she let out a sigh before nodding, making billie grow even more confused.

"what's going on?" she asked as she looked at josh, waiting for an answer.

"uh, y/n's parents..they're uhm, they're getting a divorce."

billie's eyes grew wide as she looked at y/n, slowly walking towards her. "oh, baby." she whispered as she went up to her and wrapped her arms around her. she expected y/n to hug back but y/n just sat there, stiff.

billie sighed as she hugged y/n tighter, silently begging her to hug back. but y/n couldn't. even though she wanted to, she wasn't able to move. she just couldn't.

claudia let out a soft sigh as she stood up. "billie, sit. don't strain your ankle." she said softly, making billie nod as she took the now empty spot next to y/n.

billie turned to her side to face y/n who was just staring at the floor with an unreadable expression. "y/n." billie called out gently, which made y/n slowly turn and look at her girlfriend. "are you okay?"

y/n only hesitantly nodded in response, not really convincing anyone. "y/n, say something. please." finneas said, growing more concerned by the second.

a few seconds of staring at the floor in silence later, y/n finally decided to speak. and her first sentence in almost an hour was - "funny how i was just saying that i was surprised they hadn't got a divorce yet, and then boom. divorce."

billie frowned as she tucked a strand of y/n's hand behind her ear, making her look at billie. sighing softly, billie wrapped her arms around y/n, squeezing her tight, as if she'd die if she let go.

"it's okay. you want them to be happy, right?" billie said softly, her voice soothing.

y/n nodded with a little sigh before speaking, her voice breaking. "but i want them to be happy together."

"i know, baby. i know." billie said, her hands rubbing y/n's back as the younger girl sobbed softly in her arms.

joshua, who was sitting by y/n's side, ran his fingers through her hair as he whispered encouragements, trying his best to comfort his crying best friend.

"shh, you're okay, baby. we're here for you. it's okay." billie spoke, kissing y/n's cheek softly.

it took a few minutes but y/n finally calmed down, still in billie's embrace as the older girl stroked her hair gently. y/n buried her face in the crook of billie's neck, taking in her scent as she wiped away her tears. "i made your hoodie all wet." y/n mumbled, which made billie chuckle softly. "it's okay, i don't mind."

y/n pulled away and sighed softly as she leaned back on the sofa, trying to collect her thoughts and pull herself together.

"okay, now that you've finally seemed to calm down, can you tell us what's going to happen? who're you staying with?" claudia asked, looking at y/n anxiously.

y/n took in a deep breath before speaking. "i'm staying with dad. mom's moving to fucking chicago. i bet that wasn't even a business trip she went on recently. she probably already met a guy and everything." she scoffed, making billie rub her back.

"when is your mom leaving?" claudia asked softly, making y/n shake her head. "i don't know. but she's already started packing, so i'm guessing in a week or two." she let out a shaky sigh, closing her eyes.

"and i don't get a say in any of this." she whispered, her voice breaking at the end as she looked down at her hands. "they said they were getting better. they promised to fix things. how can mom just up and leave like this?"

-----------------

no update next week because exams

thanks for reading <3