Remember Me (2.9)

I walked in first, allowing him after, closing the door behind us. We walked to the table and sat down across from each other. I crossed my arms.

"Where's Harper?" I demanded.

"Where's who?"

"Don't play stupid with me, Cage."
I stood up.
"You told me, SWORE TO ME, that you would protect my people. One of them is missing, MISSING, in YOUR facility. You know where she is. So tell me, where. is. Harper?"

"I. don't. know." He stated firmly.

I bit my lip and laughed, turning around and shaking my head. I through my hands up in the air and turned around.

"Fine. Then who knows where she is, hm? Your father? Tsing?"

"I can ask, y/n, but I can't promise you anyone will know. Why do you think we would know? What if she escaped like Clarke? Why was your first choice me? You don't trust me, do you?"

"I never said that."

"Then why do you think I know?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Because...because you told me you were head of security, therefore you have watch over all cameras. You would know if she escaped. You would know where she is, have eyes on her. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. I'm sorry. I'm just worried something happened to her."

"If I figure anything out, I'll tell you, ok?" He sighed.

"Alright, thanks."

I turned to leave the room headed for the door.

"Wait!"

"Yes?"

I turned back around. He approached me, placing a hand to my face. He leaned in and kissed me. He pulled me in for a hug and placed a hand on the back of my head, and the other on my back.

"If you need anything, come see me. I may not have answers to where Harper is, but I can comfort you, your people, if you need it."

"Thank you." I whispered.

He let go and opened to door for me. I walked back to the dormitory and sat down with the rest of the group. They handed me some cards, trying to act normal in case anyone was watching or listening. Shortly after, Jasper and Maya walked in. Miller reached over and turned the radio up.

"Anything?" Jasper asked.

We shook our heads.

"Keep looking, someone must have seen what happened to Harper."

"How many places could she be? We're in a sealed bunker."

"There has to be rooms we don't know about, places that aren't mapped."

"Well, is it possible?" Miller looked at Maya.

"I doubt it, but maybe."

"Thanks. You are just a big help."

"Easy, Miller. Maya's on our side."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. She's risking more than any of us."

"Really? Is she gonna end up in the kennel too? If she gets caught?"

"Stop it. I found something. That leads to an antenna on the ground." Monty pointed to a page.
"If we can access the radio, we can send a message over the Ark-wide channel. Tell them we're here."

"The only radio is in the command center on level 7. Highly restricted."

"We got in before."

"Only because it was scheduled for decontamination. That won't work again so soon."

"We don't need the radio. We need the wires that run into it. Here." Montt pointed to a room.

"The art warehouse. That, I can get us into."

"Great. All we have to do is break through a two foot section of wall, find the outgoing wire and jack into a closed system, without being heard by anyone on the command center, or in the field."

"That's all, huh?" Miller asked.

"No. We also need to steal some copper wire, the guards' schedules, and a walky-talky. Oh yeah, and a big ass hammer."

"I can get it." Maya said.

"Good. Meet us in here later once you have everything. Stop by the warehouse and drop it off, come back, grab us, and sneak us back in." I said.

"She speaks. And it's nothing useful." Miller scoffed.

"Miller, cut it out." Monty gave him a stern look, furrowing his eyebrows.

"It's fine, Monty. I'm sorry I have nothing useful."

"Cage?"

"Nothing."

"Alright, then let's get moving. Maya, on you."

She nodded and left. The rest of us say in silence for a minute.

"I'm not going with you guys. I have something to take care of later."

"What happened?" Monty asked.

"Nothing, I just...I've gotta go."

I stood up and left, heading for the showers. When I got there I slammed the door behind me and locked it. I threw off my clothes and turned on the shower as hot as it could be. I stepped in and groaned in pain. I let the water run down my body as I began to scrub my skin. I started to cry and grunted in frustration. I scrubbed and scrubbed, still feeling dirty. I yelled at myself and punched the wall repeatedly before drawing back, looking at my bloodied fist. I turned off the water and stepped out, put my clothes back on. I looked at myself in the mirror and a tear dropped down my face. I looked down and gripped the sink before looking back up at myself. I clenched my jaw and stared at myself before turning around and putting my hands on my head. I sighed and left the room. I looked down at my knuckles that wouldn't stop bleeding. I bit my tongue and wiped the blood on my pants. I walked back into the dormitory. When I arrived, Maya, Jasper, and Miller were there, looking at me with worried faces.

"What...?"

"Monty's missing."