Resurrection (2.13)

I left Cage's office. I left to go to level 3 where they were holding my friends to take their bone marrow. As I got down the hall I heard someone screaming. I ran as fast as I could as 2 gunshots rang out. I stopped at the door, seeing Maya and Bellamy with Fox.

"You guys ok?" I asked.

"Yeah, come on, we have to get her someplace safe."

Maya lead the way. I took the gun from my waistband and held it in front of me. Since Bellamy was holding onto Fox, he wouldn't be able to get the gun out it time, so I needed to protect them. Maya lead us to one of the rooms for the mountain people. She opened the door.

"Dad...you're home."

"Yeah, drill bit broke again."

When we walked in, he got up, looking frightened.

"What are they doing here?"

"Look, they're in trouble. We just need someplace safe to stay."

"They need to go, now."

"Let me explain."

"Why don't you explain where you got that uniform. Maya you know how dangerous this is. What are you doing?"

"What mom would've done."

"I need you to leave."

"Sorry, we can't do that." I said.

"That's ok, he's gonna help us."

"Really? Because I'm not getting that."

"My parents were part of a movement that was against using outsider blood. My mom refused the treatments and it killed her. She was willing to die for what she believed in."

"Maya, you were 5. I couldn't leave you alone."

"I'm not a little girl anymore."

"They were willing to kill you before. If you get caught-"

"We won't if you help us."

"Please, they're killing us. We don't have anywhere else to go." Fox spoke up.

"Just this once. Just for one night."

Maya lead Fox away to her room. Me and Bellamy turned to follow, but Maya's dad stopped us.

"You know they'll never stop, right? If the rumors are true and your bone marrow can get us back to the ground, they'll never stop."

Bellamy nodded and turned away.

"Thank you, sir."

I followed the group into the bedroom.

"Maya, Bellamy, are you guys going to be ok?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm going to find Cage. I need to know if you guys need my help or not."

"Who's Cage?" Bellamy asked.

"The President." Maya spoke.

"So he's the one giving orders? Y/n I'm coming with you then, if we can-"

"No! You can't. You can't come with me."

"Why not?"

"You'll jeopardize everything I have going right now. I don't need you to intervene. He can't know you're here. Or that Maya is helping."

"What about you? You're one of us, why hasn't he...why hasn't he killed you yet? Y/n...don't tell me-"

"No! No I'm not a traitor! I'm not! I had to convince him that I was on his side! The only way I can get to him is if I'm out here! Is if I'm on his side. And he thinks I am, so he has already turned his back to me."