Blood Must Have Blood pt.1 (2.15)

We climbed up the ladder and out of a vent, into some chamber with cages. Realization hit me, we were where they were bleeding them. I turned to my right and walked to the edge, looking at all the cages in here. Bellamy talked to one of the Grounders behind me. I turned around and looked at him unlocking the cages.

"Too much noise."

The Grounder girl came to the edge and yelled at all the Grounders, they fell silent. I assumed she told them to be quiet, but I didn't know their language. The girl walked back to Bellamy.

"Ok, how do we do this?"

"There's an army outside going for the main door. When they get it open, all hell will break loose. That is the signal for my friends to come here and then-"

Overhead, a speaker turned on.

"My fellow citizens, this is your president speaking. I have news to share with you that will change all of our lives forever. For 97 years, Mount Weather has been our home. It's kept us alive, but it has also held us captive. Most of us have made peace with what we've had to do to survive. We've do these things for one reason, so that our people could someday return to the ground. That day is today."

"He's going public." Bellamy muttered.

"Before my friend, Lorelei Tsing was murdered by the outsiders still at large in this mountain, she found a cure. It was in their bone marrow."

Bellamy handed the keys to the Grounder.

"Here I'll be back."

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"He's trying to get his people to turn on each other. They'll find my friends. I have to bring them here now. I'll send them in groups. You get your people ready to go, but you wait for me to come back, do you understand?"

She nodded. She thanked him before he left and I followed after him.

"Bellamy, where are we going?"

"The rooms. There's people who disagree with Cage who are hiding our friends. I need to go get them."

"Ok...ok..ok, I need you to hit me. Beat me up. Now! I'll go back to Cage, I'll put him down, once and for all."

He clenched his jaw and looked at the floor. He looked back up at me.

"Ok, any specific places?"

"No, just look at my face and imagine me as someone you hate. Beat the shit out of me. I forgive you in advance. We do what must be done."

"Ok..." He sighed.

He looked at me, long and hard, before pulling his fist back and punching me in my face. He pushed me down onto the ground and hit me two more times in the same spot. I could feel the blood coming out of my nose and the now cut on my cheek. He stood up and kicked me in the stomach. I hunched over on my side gasping. I felt him step back, obviously feeling guilty for what he had just done.

"It's..it's o-ok." I said.

He took in a deep breath before kicking me again. He climbed back ontop of me and slammed my back into the ground. He put his hands around my neck, looking at my eyes for permission. I nodded. He tightened his grip, choking me, enough to where it would leave a bruise, but not enough to where I'd still be able to breathe. He stood up and helped me to my feet.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Don't worry, I'm not dead, and you went easy on me. Just go find our friends. I've got Cage."

He nodded and walked in the opposite direction as me. I made my way to the stairwell and made my way back to level 7. I stumbled around, holding my stomach. When I reached the security room, I pounded on the door.

"Cage!" I called out.

He opened the door and looked at me.

"Shit! What happened? Are you ok? Where's the intruder?"

"He...he got away. He snuck up behind me and attacked me. Took me. I-I don't remember where. Last thing I remember was being taken into the vents before I blacked out."

"So that's how he's getting around..."

He sat me down in a chair and I leaned my head back against it. Cage looked at me and I could see the anger in his eyes. I sighed and looked up at the ceiling, wiping the blood from my face with my sleeve.

"Stay here ok? Don't leave this room anymore. I'm not risking you dying." Cage ordered.

"No, no I have to help-"

"Enough! You are no longer going anywhere! You are to stay put! Understood?"

"B-but-"

"Is that understood?" He raised his voice.

"Yes, sir."

"Good. When I come back, you better be here."

I nodded. He left the room with the rest of the guards, going to find my friends and prepare for the attack. I watched the cameras. Cage was headed to see his dad, all the guards were running the halls looking for my people. Anytime I moved, my entire body ached. Bellamy really beat the shit out of me. I lifted my shirt to reveal a big bruise forming on my right side.
I definitely have a broken rib or two.

I laughed to myself but winced in pain. Everything went dark in the room. The turbines were out. I stood up and left the room, pulling the gun out of my waistband and creeping in the halls. The back-up generator came on and some lights turned on, but the others stayed off. A man came on the PA and announced that everyone was going to Level 5. I snuck around every corner. Nobody was in sight. I got onto the stairwell and joined the crowd of people making their way to 5. Once we got onto the floor I snuck around, looking for Cage. I didn't find him, but I saw the guards putting my people into the dormitory. I stepped back around the corner and held my breath, my hands shaking.

Shit, what do I do now?