Coup de Grace (2.11)

I ate breakfast with Jasper, Maya, and Miller that morning. We spoke, only in a whisper, to each other about Harper and Monty and what the game plan was from here on out. I didn't quite catch most of the conversation since I was zoned out, thinking about last night's events with Cage.

"Y/n??? Earth to y/n!" Jasper waved his hand in my face.

"Yeah, yeah sorry. I'm listening." I blinked a few times.

"Are you though?" Miller asked.

"No...no I'm sorry. I, I can't do this right now. I'm sorry."

I stood up and walked away, Miller calling after me. He followed me all the way back to the dorm.

"What?! What do you want from me, Miller?!"

"To see if you're ok! You've been acting weird, and that bruise on your cheek says so too."

"I'm fine. I'm fine." I shooed him away.

"Don't lie to me, y/n. It was him, wasn't it?"

"No...yes, maybe. It doesn't matter. I've got it under control."

We walked over to my bed and turned up the radio.

"Under control? What does that mean?"

"I...I've got intel."

"Ok, then spill it."

"Dr. Tsing wants to experiment on us...and Cage...I think Cage...I think Cage is in on it."

"Experiment? How? What experiment?"

"She wants to..." I stopped.

"Wants to what?"

"She...she wants to kill us, moral of the story. Cage told me that our blood can grant them immunity to radiation but only for a little bit, they experimented on one of their people. Tsing has figured out now though that our bone marrow can make them immune forever. It means they can walk on the ground. But in order to register it out to everyone, it means we all die."

"What...is that where-"

"I don't know where Monty and Harper are. I don't. I've tried to figure it out. I'm going to see Cage soon and hopefully I'll be able to get it out of him and we can save them then get out of this place."

"Head there now. The sooner we know, the more time we have to prepare."

"Alright...tell the others where I'm going, yeah?"

"Got it."

I stood up and left the room. I headed for the elevator and waited for it to come up. I fiddled with my fingers. When the door stopped, I looked up and saw Maya getting off the elevator with a guard.

"Hey Maya...sir."

I looked down at my feet. All the guards by now probably knew about me and Cage. Worst is they're probably all working for him so I didn't dare look up at any of them.

"Y/n..."

My eyes widened. I sucked in a breath of air, my heart pounding. That voice....I slowly looked up, making eye contact with him...it wasn't one of the guards...it was-
Bellamy...

"Oh my god...Bell!"

I pulled him in for a hug, tears rolling down my face.

"Shh keep it down. They're always listening. Sorry to cut it short y/n, but we've got to go."

I turned to face Maya, wiping my tears.

"Can I come with?"

"Where were you headed before?"