Chapter Twenty-Seven: Airborne

January 1st, 2016

"Well, isn't this a surprise?" Delilah murmurs as she stands outside of her home, staring down a woman with long brown hair and hazel eyes. "Erika Crimson. I thought you were dead."

"So nice to see you as well, Delilah. Still have your husband by-"

"Oh, so fiery. How like you. Why are you here?" Delilah demands as she crosses her arms over her chest.

Erika straightens herself before replying. "I found out where my daughter has been, wanted to see her, if that's alright with you," she says and Delilah raises an eyebrow, not believing her.

"Lyria believes that you and Pierce are dead. Why should I let you see her now? It'll be a huge shock to the girl. And she can't handle something like this," Delilah insists before looking Erika over from head to toe, "and it seems that you need some...help. You look a mess."

"How kind of you to think that. I'd like to see my daughter after I get a shower. Does that suffice?" Erika asks, her eyes blazing as she stares at Delilah.

Delilah hums before allowing the woman inside. "There's a downstairs bathroom, use that one," she orders and Erika huffs before heading down to the bathroom.

Delilah sighs as Ellis approaches her. "Is that..."

"Erika Crimson. Although I've got no idea how she's alive," Delilah says as she looks up at her husband, "I do believe this means trouble for all of us. Years after we presumed her and Pierce dead, she shows up out of nowhere. There's something going on, and I'm going to figure it out."

"Delilah, let's see what she wants first. We'll figure it out, together," he says and Delilah hums before sighing softly, "Del, I know we're not like we used to be. But we're a couple and we figure things out together. I want to help you, please let me," he begs softly and she sighs softly before nodding.

"Alright. You're good at being quiet, getting information without needing to speak. So that's what I need from you," she murmurs and he nods.

He smiles slightly. "I'll do that," he assures her and she smiles slightly before searching her husband's eyes. She hasn't felt much for him in a long time, but there's moments sometimes where she feels a hint of old emotions, long forgotten.

"Do you know where Lyria is?" Delilah asks as her daughter walks past.

"Probably in the library with Dartanian...again," Fleur answers as she heads to the kitchen.

Delilah sighs softly. "The two of them are spending far too much time together. It's a bad influence on the others in the house..."

"Del, don't focus on that right now. Focus on the fact that Erika Crimson is in our house. And her daughter needs to be told she's alive," Ellis reminds her and she nods before leaning up to press a kiss to his cheek.

"I'll be back in a minute," she tells him before making her way towards a long hall, heading straight for the library. She strides into the room to find Dartanian and Lyria very close, and talking softly. "Miss Crimson, I need to speak with you," Delilah says and Lyria looks up before nodding in agreement. She stands and follows Delilah out of the library.

"Mrs. Langley, we-"

"I'm not concerned about that right now. If you were my daughter I'd be more concerned. But right now, there's a more pressing matter. Now, I know you've been wondering about your parents, your family..."

"Yes, I've been...trying to do my own research actually. I haven't been successful," Lyria admits and Delilah hums before sighing softly.

"I don't know how to put this lightly so I'll simply say it. Your mother has just shown up on my doorstep. Right now she's cleaning herself up, you'll see her in a few minutes," Delilah tells her and Lyria gasps softly before moving to touch her forehead, "come, sit down in the den. Once she's ready I'll bring her in and-"