Part 41

(LOKI POV)
“We are absolutely coming here again,” you say as the two of you leave.

She walks ahead of you, turns back and smiles, “And next time, I won’t let you win.”

You stop walking, “Let me win?”

“Mmhmm,” she says, walking backwards away from you.  You catch up to her easily, grabbing her by the waist and pulling her close to you.  “You’re just lucky that I wanted to move in with you,” she smirks.

“I am very lucky,” you keep her close to you, smiling down at her.  You lean down slowly but stop just before your lips touch hers, you wait until she reaches up but then you pull back. “But you forget, I like to win,” you wink at her and let her go.

"I hate you," she says, rolling her eyes as she walks down the street.

"You love me," you tell her.

You get to the intersection and wait at the light. She takes your hand and you look down at her. "Only a little," she says with a smile, holding her thumb and pointer finger close together.

"A bit more than that I think," you say as you cross the street.

"Maybe..." she pretends to think as you continue walking slowly. A sudden crack of thunder draws your attention to the sky. It was swiftly becoming much darker then it should be at this time in the afternoon. "I thought it wasn't supposed to storm until late tonight," she says as the dark clouds roll in.

"I thought so too," you agree.

"Well that's annoying..." she says to herself. Before you can say anything it starts to drizzle lightly and she groans. "And... there goes my plan," she literally throws her hands up in defeat.

"What's wrong?" you ask her. You try not to smile at how cute she looks when she is annoyed but it is hard not to.

"I wanted to take you somewhere but we can't do it in this weather," she says sounding upset but still not wanting to give away the surprise.

You pull her under the awning of a nearby store to get out of the encroaching storm. It has now gone from a light drizzle to a steady rain and you can tell it's going to outright pour any minute. "We have the rest of the week. We can do it another day I'm sure," you tell her.

"I know... but you were really going to like it,” she tells you.

“You could tell me what it is,” you joke and she elbows you lightly.  “It was worth a shot,” you say and she shakes her head.

“We should get back, those clouds look awful,” she says, changing the subject.  She peaks out from under the awning, “I think we should take the train.  Walking half an hour back in this would be pretty horrible.”  You agree and she takes your hand.  “Ok, the subway is two blocks that way, hopefully we can make it before the sky really opens,” she says hopefully. 

The two of you leave the cover of the awning and head quickly down the street, still holding her hand tightly. Before you get to the end of the block there is a flash of lighting followed almost instantly by the crash of thunder.  A few seconds later the steady rain becomes a heavy downpour and by the time you reach the subway entrance you are both completely soaked.  You follow Y/N down the steps quickly, glad to be out of the storm.  

She wipes her face and laughs, looking down at herself.  “I look and feel like a wet rat,” she says shaking her head.

“A cute one though,” you smile at her.  Then you let the green glow flow around you and dry you off.

She stares at you, “What the heck was that?”

“I don’t like being damp,” you say with a smirk.