Chapter Twenty : Unexpected confessions I

" Stacey look! It's our friend! " Light sharply pointed at Sawyer, who was ready to bust Light's skull in two.

" What's the matter T. ? You don't seem happy to see me and my girl.. " He paused and quickly but painfully added. " Friend. "

I caught a glimpse of the girl standing next to him. Stacey. She looked surprisingly quiet...almost embarrassed.

Poor girl. I thought to myself....

Was she Light's next victim? Err...girlfriend, I meant to say girlfriend. You are probably wondering how the hell I know him right? Ha. He used to be one of the people who called me " Velma ". Matter of fact, he started it. He is a shallow human being, I know him very well, we used to go to the same middle school but then he moved....here.

I felt extremely relieved he finally left. And now I have to face him. AGAIN.

But the girl...she seemed nothing like Light. I stayed still examining her and questioning her sanity for being with Light. Stacey had huge piercing eyes of a deep brown colour staring into your soul, her very long blonde hair in a high ponytail.

I could feel the vibes of awkwardness as much as she did while Light and Sawyer were angrily staring at eachother. Stacey was constantly checking her iPhone until Light suddenly grabbed her waist, pulling her closer to him.

" Sookie babe. Say hi. " Light was being careless and provocative towards Sawyer. And I feel like something happened between the three of them so I tried to stay out of this...but not for long.

Light's interest quickly turned on me. " I see you moved on finally huh? What's your name honey? Number 27? "

" Watch it. " Sawyers warning echoed in the cold night. This night, ugh it started out perfectly and turned into a madness of coincidences. I mean, how many chances were there for me to meet Light tonight? And for Sawyer to dislike him just as much?

" It's okay Tris. I can handle a big fat nothing with a huge mouth, which is about to get slapped if it refers to me as Number 27 again. " I smiled politely after completely trashing Light's ego.

Huh, that might have worked as a therapy I guess.Am I finally getting over my taumatized couple of years with Light or am I turning into someone else without even realizing it?

" Oh and please tell your super stuck up so called girlfriend to take a picture, it'll last longer. " I winked at Stacey who quickly tore her gaze away from me without saying a word.

" A quite charming youg lady she is indeed T. where did you find her? " Lights motionless face striked back.

" Her name is Heather. And stop calling me T. we are not buddies anymore. " Sawyer looked annoyed, but I could spot the sadness in his tone.

" Come on Heather, we're leaving. " He said viciously glancing at Light. " Bye Stacey. "

He grabbed my arm before I could say anything to them. Our ride home was pretty tense, since none of the two of us dared to say something. I knew it wasn't the right time to ask him anything about Light and Stacey now, he was aggravated by the whole situation and I would only make it worse. Sawyer stopped right in front of my house, turned the engine off and took a deep breath.

" I'm sorry for today. I really am. I imagined it so many times, I planned it and I wanted today to be perfect. And I fucked up our date. " He said narrowing his gaze.

" Hey. " I smiled. " It's okay I had a great night I really did. You did nothing wrong believe me." I paused. " If-if only you could tell me the story behind the three of you, m-maybe you could help me understand your situation. " I stuttered nervously most likely at the thought of him getting all defensive and emotionally shutting himself off again.