Chapter Thirty One: Buckle up, mate

" What? " Zeo jumped off the bench. " What are we the front cover of the newspaper? "  He blabbed. " Oh I knew this would happen! My mom is going to kill me how will I-- " 

" Zeo! " Audrey stomped her heel on the cement finally grabbing his attention. " We're not the front cover of the newspaper you moron calm down! " She said.

Zeo let out a gasp and once again pulled out his pack of cigarettes. " What? " He said as everyone silently observed him. " It's a stress reliever , now go back to your chit chat. " He said repositioning his body on the bench. 

We might not have been the front cover but someone else sure was. The front title grabbed my attention and just as I go to lift the newspaper Audrey cuts me off. She cleared her throat. " Teen drama gone too far. " She read out loud before tossing the newspaper back to Logan's lap. Everyones expression was blunt, almost like we couldn't fully process what she just read to us. 

" No way. " said Zeo, who was once again close to having a heart attack. 

" Way. " Suddenly Nicky's voice appeared for the first time today. " Grimsby town teenager conflict taking an unexpected turn for the worse. Two teens were involved in an, as we believe, terrorising accident resulting to the harm of two fellow classmates , one of whom was stabbed and is now hospitalized. The culprits have been identified , although for their safety, their identities will remain a secret until they are found and interrogated. The motive of the assault has not yet been clarified , but the Police of Grimsby town are fully working on this case. If you know anything, please contact the station or inform your legal guardians. " 

" Yep, my mom is definitely going to kill me. " said Zeo blankly staring into nothing.

" It could be worse brother. At least their identities remained secret. " Logan placed his hand on Zeo's shoulder trying to make him feel a little bit better about this whole situation.

" I don't really feel safe now. " I said softly shaking my head. 

" I will be driving you everywhere and picking you up no matter what time it is. " Lucas came and sat next to me. " No one messes up with the Grimes. I don't care if they were blessed with boobs and female genitalia, I will not hesitate to kick them in the vagina if I find them. " He stated with a serious look on his face.

" That's the best idea you've had in years. " I said giving him a little smile. " For the first time , I will be more than delighted to give you full control of the car. " He dramatically flinched as I elbowed him slightly.

Everyone else was thinking, a comfortable silence sat on all of us. Cramped like a pack full of sardines we all sat on the bench and tried our best to find any clues about where Fay and Stacey could have gone. After realizing we missed first period we eventually gave up and decided to skip school. Audrey's excuse was that a milkshake with vodka would help us generate amazing ideas. Of course no one believed it, but we could all use a drink. So we stopped at a diner. One of Grimsby's most notorious diners. Old, quiet and utterly isolated. " So what now? I still got no ideas. " Nicky exhaled while chewing on her straw.

" We could always make up our own little investigation, just sayin. " My brother innocently shrugged his shoulders. 

" Yeah and get arrested. I'm not doing that Pretty Little Liars shit, In case you haven't noticed Lucas. " Audrey whispered loudly, " we are not in a movie, this is real life, we will either get caught or fail. " 

He completely ignored her and turned to the boys who were warming up to the idea of finding them. I mean, they hurt Sawyer. He might be a prick but he didn't deserve getting stabbed. How heartless can you be to stab someone who loved you? Stacey was just horrible...and she masked it pretty well, trying to protect me from them, from Fay. Tsk, they probably had all this planned since the beginning. " Guys ? What do you say? " Lucas gave Zeo and Logan a big smile , eagerly waiting for a positive response. He was shaking his head up and down as the other boys sighed. 

" I don't know Lucas, this was blown way out of proportion. Maybe Audrey is right. We could only make things worse and then. " Zeo stopped and we all immediately looked at each other. 

" This is pointless. " I moaned resting my chin on the table. 

" I'm in. " Logan's voice serious and determined. " Nobody messes with my girl and my best friend. Buckle up Lu, we're going treasure hunting. " 

And just like that, he left us all speechless.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. My exams are coming up so I have limited time. Promise I'll post another one this week to make up for this one. Tell me what you think I love your opinions :) VOTE/COMMENT if you enjoyed the chapter , it really helps me out. And if you have any ideas please feel free to share them with me. MWAH

Peace, Love, Pizza in your stove.

Roxy M.