Chapter Fifteen: Players cry, Liars die

" What is it? " I responded coldly. Almost not caring about her tears.

Actually...I was not caring about her tears. 

I impatiently tapped my foot. " Nicky say it cause I'm gonna punch you in the face I swear! " I hissed. Showing her the ugliest side of myself. 

She immediately stopped crying but her facial expression let me know that I was being too harsh on her. Nicki's lips were glued together, forming a really thin line. Her hands crossed and her one eyebrow was raised. " Wow, I was just making a joke. There is absoloutely no need to be such a bitch. Oh you're with Sawyer. Yeah I see why that grumpy face. You hate him so much yet you always hang out around him. " She barked. 

I was shocked. Never in a million years had I expected Nicky to talk to me this way. But I guess that was the alcohol speaking and not her.

She frowned and her expression softened. " I'm sorry. " She broke down in tears. " I'm so sorry." 

This time I felt the energy. I felt those tears burning my own skin as I watched Nicky struggle with her own demons. But for some reason, she was unconsolable. As if what happened really broke her. 

I shifted awkwardly. " Uhm. Nicky y-you shouldn't feel that bad about it." I paused. Wow, all of this just over some dumb argument we just had? 

" I mean, you said some things. I said some things let's not take them personally shall we? " I patted her on the back. 

" I'm sorry Fawcett! I am so sorry! I never wanted any of this! " She started screaming and hugging me. Begging for forgiveness. 

As soon as Sawyer heard that name he cringed. His expression went blank. He lost connection with this world. 

" You're so fucking stoned you don't even know what the fuck you're saying! Go find Audrey! Me and Heather have a very important discussion! " 

" Sawyer let go of my wrist you're hurting me! " Nicky's cries were unbearable. But what could make Sawyer lose his temper so much to actually physically hurt a friend?

Her attention now focused on me. Her eyes full of tears and regret. " Listen to me Heather. He's a hor- " 

" Okay enough! It's not my fault you're mentally unstable! Nicky leave. " He said, his tone was calm but full of warnings. 

" It was just a joke. " She muttered sobbing.

I was left there shocked. With Sawyer looking at me like a lost puppy. He opened his mouth to say something but the only thing he managed to do was swallow a big amount of air.

" Fawcett? " I spat out annoyed. " Another one of your dumb cheerleading trophies? " 

" No. " He almost whispered it. As if he was ashamed of something.

Everyone's reaction was so weird to this name. 

" So who's Fawcett? " I asked trying to seem uninterested.  I looked up at the ceiling. Trying to show that I'm not really paying any attention to what he's saying. 

" Well... she's a girl. " He shrugged his shoulders and gave me an awkward smile.

" Don't play dumb with me! I asked you why is she calling me Fawcett? And why is she sorry? " I finally burst. I couldn't hold it in anymore! I wanted to hurt him! No... I wanted to physically hurt him! I took my purse and threw it at him with as much strength as I had.

He whinched in pain as my bag hit his ribs. Sawyer fell down shaking silently.

Panic went through my whole body. Okay i did want to hurt him but not that much...And since when a small bag can cause such a huge injury? I mean, Sawyer was a big guy.