Chapter Eighteen: Everybody loves you

I woke up with the smoothest melody piercing my ears.Lucas' beautiful serenade or as I like to call it a snorting from hell.For a moment I thought there was an earthquake going on. I smacked his wide open mouth and pushed him away from my now bleeding ears.

" Ewwwwwww. Your spit is all over my T-shirt. Lucaaaaas. " 

He gave me the finger and turned around. How can he still be snorting? I literally just woke him up two minutes ago! 

I blindly tried reaching my phone. I was still worried about Sawyer, it's been almost a day and he's nowhere to be seen. I went to my room avoiding to wake my lazy brother up and I quickly dialed Zeo's number.

" Hello? "

" Hey what's up? I was wondering, do you know where Sawyer is? "

I could hear him breathing on the other line, probably debating with himself on what to tell me.

" He's....he's at the treehouse with me."

" Oh thank god! I was so worried! " I covered my mouth with my hand, I shouldn't have said that.

For a minute, I thought Zeo hung up on me. But I could hear mummbling on the other side of the line.

" So....you know. " 

" Yes. " I replied. His question caught me off guard but I guess sooner or later Zeo would find out that I know. 

" Can I come see him?" 

" Please? " I asked again, but silence was my answer and it was pretty clear.

It was pretty clear Sawyer didn't want me there right now. But I needed to check up on him so badly! I felt like I was obligated to. 

" No. " Suddenly Sawyers cold voice came through shattering my thoughts. " Let's get this straight. You don't know anything, you haven't seen anything and you don't talk about it. Are we clear? " 

I sighed. " Yes Sawyer. "

" Gosh you know not everybody wants to harm you. Maybe I was just genuinely asking how you are and maybe I just wanted to see you! A Hi Heather thanks for actually giving a fuck about me after all the shit I put you through would be nice for a change! But I guess that's just too much to ask from you macho man. " And just like that, I hung up on him.

Scratch that off my list. Sawyer's fine. He's being a prick so I'm guessing he's perfectly fine.

Next stop was Josie. Now that will be a really interesting evening. I wonder what she has to tell me. She looks like a kind of person that knows a lot. Probably even more than she should.

I searched through my bag to find the piece of paper she gave me and after staring at it for a solid 5 minutes I decided to dial her number.

" Well, well, well. Guess who decided to call me. Should I be flattered? " 

" Hi Josie. " I giggled. " If it's not too late, do you still wanna hang out today or... " I announced impatiently waiting for her answer.

" Awww, cutie pie I already made plans! You should've told me earlier! " 

I gasped. " It's okay. Maybe tomorrow after school? What do you say? "

" Yes! Perfect! See you at school Glorious! "

Josie hung up on me before I could even say a word....I held my phone in my hands wondering about everything. Well, questioning everything. My mom, my dad, my friends and most of all....myself.

I grabbed my car keys and quickly stormed out of the house. Luckily, my mom was nowhere to be seen.Good. It should stay that way, the last thing I wanted right now was my mom trying to apologize. God she was such a hypocrite! Calling me and Lucas a disgrace when she was keeping such a huge secret from me!