Chapter Thirty Six: Love me today, forget me tomorrow

Sawyer and I slowly walked towards my front porch. After checking if the coast was clear we sat down on the white soft cushions hugging the swing porch. 

" Hey is that your mom? " He said raising his head to look inside my kitchen window. 

My mom was already wearing her beige, tasteless for my taste, pj's and was getting herself a glass of water without even raising an eyelid from the new book me and Lucas got her as an apology gift. 

"Yes." I chuckled looking at how absorbed she looked.

" Great! " He hopped off the swing in a matter of seconds, and before I even noticed...

He knocked on my front door before I snatched him trying to pull us both to the side of the house. Covering his mouth, I could feel his soft lips touching my palm.

The door opened, revealing my mother's baffled look. She was probably expecting to see me or Lu.

" Ouch! " I yelled removing my now bitten by the soft  lips palm away from Sawyer.

" Heather? " My mom's look gave out even more confusion than before. " Sweetie is that you? "

" Y-yes, mom! " I said awkwardly showing myself. Great, what an idiot he is. 

My mom tilted her head to the side and grabbing a bite of her sandwich, she sat silent, which I assume meant give me an explanation.

" I was just... " 

" There it is honey. " Sawyer stormed out of his hideout with a not so masculine walk. 

" I found your lipstick! Thank God. " He said breaking his wrist in front of my mom's face, who from confused went to shocked.  " It's a perfect kylie candy K look alike and looks gorge on your skin tone! " He suddenly emphasized every word coming out of his mouth.

" Thanks...Tristy! " Sawyer gave me a one second look of despair for my poor improvising skills.

" Mom, that's my...my new friend. " I paused looking at Sawyer. " Can he spend the night in my room? " I asked giving my mom the best puppy eyes I could. 

She stayed silent for a solid minute. Sawyer gave me a smirk and started crying.

" Mrs Grimes. " He said sobbing. " Jordan dumped me for skanky Betty, I could use some girl talk and some wine. " He nagged making his sobs louder and louder.

" Oh dear, I don't know about the wine sweetie, but you're welcome to spend the night, sure. " She said giving him a pat on the back. 

" Come on inside, I'll make you gir- um, guys some hot chocolate. " My mom said pointing at the kitchen.

"It worked. " He whispered coming in behind me. " What are you gonna do now?"

I slightly jumped at the sound of his voice so close to me. Suddenly I panicked. This was the first time Sawyer was going to be in my room. He was going to stay in it! 

Was my underwear on the floor? 

Did I leave yesterday's cereal bowl on my desk?

Oh my God he's gonna see my cringe teddy bears, this is so embarrassing.

All these questions were haunting me while he and mom were having soooo much fun. Sawyer was a very good actor. I didn't know if I should be impressed or worried. He was sitting on our sofa leaning in to tell my mom all sorts of stories that would make her laugh like a goose. 

I leaned over our kitchen counter drinking my hot chocolate, thinking of what mom would have done if she knew Sawyer was the exact opposite of gay. I chuckled.