Chapter Thirteen: Red Color, true Color?

We stayed silent. But each and every one of us knew exactly what the other one was thinking. Someone needed to break the awkward cloud of silence above us. My gaze fell on Nicky , she was nervously biting her nails with a blank stare plastered on her face. Sawyer was inhaling and exhaling his cigarette like a loonatic while tapping his foot. I watched the smoke slowly vanish in the air, just like she did...

" Auds " Nicky clapped her hands in front of my face. " Audreeey " She asked dragging the letter E. I shook my head bringing myself back to reality. I looked at her with my eyebrows glued together. " Your phone. " She said, gesturing at my mobile. " It's buzzing."

" Oh, yes. " I said, still feeling a bit distracted.

UNKNOWN CALLER ID. It read

" I gotta go. " I said in a hurry.

" This conversation is not over. " Sawyer said cautiously examining me. He was trying to read my mind. Even though he already knew what I was thinking about.

" Where are you going? " Asked Nic. 

" My mom is calling....I promised to do something for her and I forgot. " I said chewing on my words.

" Your mom never calls. And when she does you never answer. " Sawyer shot me a curious look while forming small circles of smoke. 

" Go shove your tongue down my step-sister's thoat and leave me alone. " I shot back leaving the caffeteria. On my way out I blew Alfie a kiss. He smiled awkwardly as I was heading towards the poor cashier guy. I leaned forward letting my boobs smush on the counter, giving him the perfect view of my chest. I smiled at him while his eyes stayed glued on my chest. " Cute aren't you? I could eat you up. " I said pinching his cheek. " I'm 100 percent sure you're getting excited down there and. " I gasped. " It makes me feel some sort of way. I said playfully licking my lips. " Ciao" I waved at him and stormed out of the cafe. I could feel his gaze follow me until I was out of sight. If you're wondering, of course I didn't like Alfie. He was ugly but I liked to mess with people's heads.

My phone buzzed again. " Yes? " I answered. " I'm coming, sorry for not picking up I was with Sawyer and Nic. Okay see you in a bit. "

                                                               =Heather's POV=

" Heather come down here for a little bit " My mom shouted from downstairs. I was laying in my bed while music blasted from my stereo and Madison was applying some blush on her face.

" Ugh mom do I have to? " I groaned. After a few minutes of silence I heard a loud knock on my door. " Yes. " I said, giving her the permission to step into my room. " First of all, you're gonna take your ass downstairs whenever I'm calling for youyoung lady. " She said in a serious tone. " And second of all. " My mom smiled politely. " Madison honey are you staying for dinner? " 

" Yes Miss Grimes thank you. " Madison said turning around to face my mother.

" Actually. " I arrogantly interrupted their lovey dovey chat. " We're not gonna have dinner tonight. We're staying in my room. Plus we're leaving in an hour." 

My mom's face looked surprised. I knew she was tempted to yell at me from the top of her lungs but she wouldn't do it in front of Madison. That's why I needed Maddie here, so that she wouldn't say anything.

My mom knew what I was doing. She smiled sweetily again,facing me this time and her smile sure as hell was fake. " Fine. " She muttered behind her smile. " But we're gonna have a nice little chat when you come back. " She paused. " As a family. Cause Lucas needs to be here too. " She said shutting the door behind her with a loud bang.