CHAPTER 16

(Jessie's POV)

God! It's my first day and it is already chaotic. 

"Reinforcement. I command for reinforcement!" I shouted at the walkie-talkie.

"On the way sir." someone answered.

"Thank you." I said as I am currently leaning my back on a wall while applying force to my shot leg.

Gun shots were heard everywhere. I don't know what's happening.

"Status?" I asked again.

"Nagreretreat na sila sir!" 

The gun shots slowly fades. I felt something vibrating, it's my phone. I look at it but it's only a number. 

"Hello?" I asked as I groan in pain.

"Jessie?" 

"Yes? I replied with a deep sigh.

"It's Irene."

"Ms. Marcos, I believe this is not the time for us to talk." I said as I slowly removed the bullet from my right leg with my thumb and index finger.

"Fuck!" I screamed in pain before panting, ripping the cloth of my top uniform to tie my shot leg. 

"Jessie? What happened?" She said with a worried tone. I can't answer her as I am closing my eyes because of the pain.

"Jessie! Lieutenant Elizalde answer me!" she yelled.

"Ms. Mar-" I was interrupted by the sound of a bomb explosion at the wall I am facing. 

"Jessie!" She screamed. I covered my head with my hands and managed to pull my legs to my chest forming a ball-like position. I can't believe I am still holding the phone. "Jessie, your job is the protect not to talk to the daughter of the president." I said to myself as I hung up the phone.

I cough as the wall I am facing collapsed. Hindi ko alam kung tapos na yung laban o sadyang nabingi lang ako dahil sa malakas na tunog ng bomba. Tumayo ako hawak-hawak ang baril ko habang papilay-pilay na duguan ang mukha. 

(Irene's POV)

Why do I feel like this? I am no one to him and yet I care for him so much...too much. I am walking back and forth while holding my phone after he hung up. 

"Captain Manzano?" I yelled as my voice echoed through the corridors. 

"Miss Marcos." 

"What is the news in Mindanao?" I asked worriedly.

"I'm sorry Ms. Marcos but we don't have any update. All our connections are disconnected."

"Does dad know about what's happening?"

"Yes ma'am. We already sent additional reinforcements and ammunition."

"Thank you. You may go."

"Jessie, you better be alive." I thought.

(Jessie's POV)

"Sir, okay lang kayo?" Mark said while putting his M16 on his back to assist me.

"Any casualties?" 

Mark: "Swerte tayo ngayon sir. Wala." he said with a smile.

"How many injured?" I said while sitting down closing my eyes waiting for the medic to come. I told them to cure the ones who are much injured than I. 

Mark: "Eleven sir. That includes you."

I chuckled. 

"Ang galing ko talaga. Unang araw palang nagmumukha ng ewan." I paused as the medic came and assisted me to a bed with Mark still by my side. 

Mark: "Welcome to the real Mindanao sir." 

"Did you capture any of the communists?" I said as I laid down placing my arm above my closed eyes.

Mark: "Yes sir. We got 20 people. Some were killed and the rest got away. We will send them to Manila as the order of the president." 

"Does the president know about what happened?" 

Mark: "All they know is that we were attacked. We can't update them now because we lost all our connections."

"Update them somehow. We don't want the president worrying."

Mark: "Yes sir." he said then left.

So this is what it's like to be shot. The medic finished curing my wound then wrapped my leg with bandage. He then cured my bleeding forehead and scratched cheek.

Mark: "Sir, nacontact na po namin ang palasyo. Utos pong dalhin ang mga nahuli sa Manila bukas at kasama po kayo."

"Ba't ako kasama?"

Mark: "Utos po ng presidente."

Naging pabaya ba ako? Bakit ako pinapapunta?

Author's Note

Thank you for reading mga marehhh. 

Vote and Share