CHAPTER 38

(DINNER)

(Irene's POV)

Sitting on a table with just Jessie and Jasmine is one of the things I wished to experience for the longest time. I am sitting beside Jasmine, facing Jessie. Jasmine kept on looking at the headstone engraved on the pillar. I gently place my hand on her right which is holding a spoon. With a stunned look, she turned.

"Sorry." I said before removing my hand.

We continued to eat without anyone speaking. Jessie finished eating and got the envelope he was holding a while ago. He pulled out photographs and showed it to Jasmine.

Jessie: "Jasmine, look at these will you. Don't you remember any details about these pictures?"

Jasmine took the handful of pictures and stared at them blankly.

"Not that I can think of Mr. Elizalde." she replied and returned the pictures to Jessie. I can see his disappointment as he sighed deeply and leaned on the chair.

Jessie: "You really do have amnesia."

Jasmine: "I wouldn't say it if it isn't true."

Jessie: "Fine then. That's it for tonight. I'll take you to my father's house. I'll just call my secretary to tell someone to fix all of these. Excuse me." he stated then left.

It's just the two of us left, feeling the coolness of the wind. She doesn't say a word resulting to the awkwardness of the atmosphere. Nanatili kaming tahimik hanggang dumating si Jessie at nag ayang umalis na. Kitang-kita ang pagkadismaya sa kanyang mukha. Numbness swallowed him.

Jessie: "Jasmine, mauna ka na sa sasakyan. I'll come in a while." Jasmine proceeded as Jessie turned and face me while he rubs his face sternly as he exhale deeply. "Itutuloy mo pa ba ang plano mo?"

"I want to but I don't know how." I simply replied.

He did nothing but sigh. He walks near me and placed his right hand on my cheek with his left on his back while I stare at his charming face.

Jessie: "I would love it if you were still mine."

I chuckled slightly as I place my hand on top of his.

"In another life, I would love to be yours. In another life, I hope to be with the both of you forever. In another life, I want to be a perfect wife to you and a perfect mother to Jasmine." I hugged him after stating those words with tears escaping form my eyes.

Jessie: "Enough Irene, you have to go home." He said calmly as he withdraw from hugging me. "We are still living in reality my love. Another life would still be a long time." He kissed me on the cheek before he left, again, alone.

(John's Mansion)

(Jasmine's POV)

John: "So how was your dinner?"

"Too dramatic lolo. Very dramatic."

John: "When will you stop doing this?"

"Until I get tired of doing so lolo."

Helen: "You do know you are hurting them deeply by doing this?"

"That's the whole purpose lola." I replied as I sit on the couch facing them.

John: "What did you do this evening with them?"

"Nothing, except hearing their dramatic moment together. Dinala ni dad yung mga pictures ko noon. Apparently, they want to bring back my so-called memory. You didn't tell me that I already have an urn. May laman ba yon?" I asked the both of them.

John: "Of course may laman. Satingin mo hindi magtataka si Jessie kung nakita niyang walang laman yung vase na yon?"

"Sino?"

John: "Anong sino? It's an it."

I relaxed my body as I lean my head.

"How are they?"

Helen: "Who?"

"You know, my so-called sister and her mother."

Helen: "Sa tingin mo pumupunta yung dalawang yon dito sa bahay? Kung pupunta man sila, palagi nilang kasama si Jessie. Walang ibang topic kung hindi ang kompanya. Kung kanino namin ipapamana ang kompanya and it is good that you are alive. Who knows what they will do to the company that your lolo had been establishing for years?"

"About that...about years. Wala pa bang nakakaalam kung sino ang bumaril saakin?"

John: "There were no evidences found for the past 10 years. Apparently, your gunman was talented enough to hide who he is. Your life is still at risk even if you claim to the public that you have no idea what on earth is happening. No one knows whether your killer is alive or dead."

"I only need a year lolo. A year. After that, they can kill me if they want to. I just have to enter the company as soon as possible."

Helen: "What will you do?"

"You shall see lola...everyone will." I replied as I make my way upstairs to my room.

I have to be perfect in acting the impossible. Perfect in letting out words that shall determine the future of my grandfather's company. I am to be perfect in deceiving and be numb as a rock. No one must know my situation until after a year.

(Authors Note)

Sorry for updating late mga mare...thank you for reading. Vote, Share and Comment.