CHAPTER 34

(Jasmine's POV)

What on earth happened? Where am I? I can't see anything but endless white walls, tiles, and so is the ceiling. Hindi pa naman siguro ako patay diba? Maybe? Sort of? Bakit ba ako nandito? Ano bang nangyare? I scratched the back of my head kasi hindi ko na alam ang gagawin ko. As I do so, I felt a circular hole sort of like, engraved at the back of my head. That's when I remembered what happened. The shooting. Pero and tanong, patay na ba ako?

(Jessie's POV)

I will find out who did this to my daughter!

I hired a private investigator since dad seems uninterested about the fact that he lost his grandchild. I am still waiting for the investigation report and also, interacting with the guests of my daughter's funeral.

Of course, Irene's family came to see nothing but Jasmine's urn. Irene is crying uncontrollably. Bakit siya umiiyak? Gayong parang wala naman siyang pakialam saamin noong nabubuhay pa si Jasmine? Is this a show? Ako lang dapat ang nasasaktan dito kasi ako ang nagpalaki sa bata. Ako ang nagturo sakanya ng mga dapat niyang malaman. Ako na nagbigay sakanya ng lahat.

Julia: "Dad" she said while approaching me with a smile. Alam ko na masakit na malaman ni Jasmine ang totoo tungkol sa isa kong pamilya pero bakit buhay niya ang naging kapalit ng isang pagkakamali?

Bakit siyang ang namatay? Bakit siya lang? Anong ginawa niya para ang buhay niya ang kabayaran?

(Irene's POV)

Here I am, sitting in the front row, in front of my daughter's urn, in front of her picture. Wala naman na akong magagawa. Tama si Jessie, kasalanan ko nga naman lahat. It's my fault from the beginning. If I told dad about her, maybe he would have agreed to let us get married. If I shouldn't have went to their house, maybe she should still be alive even if she doesn't know about me. Maybe if I told her about our relationship when I first saw her, maybe, just maybe nothing bad would have happened to her.

If I could just bring back time, I would. Just for her. This morning, I heard the maids saying that dad was sitting with mom at the garden discussing about Jasmine. I don't know what they talked about her but all I know is only Jessie and I truly care about Jasmine.

Nakatayo lang si Jessie sa gilid, hindi siya umiimik at nakatingin lang sa litrato ni Jasmine. Shall I appraoch him or not? Katabi ko ngayon sina Ate at Bong Bong.

Bong: "You didn't tell us we had a 3rd generation female Marcos." he said out of nowhere.

Imee: "We could have helped you in convincing dad about your marriage with Jessie."

I didn't reply to the both of them.

Bong: "The time that you told us that you are working abroad, was she the reason why you lied?"

"I didn't know what to do that time. I couldn't stay here in the Philippines knowing that dad will find out. Jessie brought me to their house in Spain. The last time I saw her was the day Jessie and I ended everything between us." I said with tears flowing down my cheek.

Imee: "Why didn't you tell us about her?"

"I thought that she would be safer with Jessie than with us, considering that she is Marcos."

Imee: "What did the kids say about her?"

"I don't know. I haven't been talking to them since the shooting."

Bong: "You made a mistake Irene. A huge one. Hopefully, she knows that she would have been someone in this world."

Hindi na ako nagsalita, totoo naman. Kasalanan ko na lumaki siya na walang ina.