》1《

Chapter 1: Just Some Stupid Rally

Based on Season 4, Episode 1

》》🎸《《

Relief washes over me as I take a deep breath, bracing myself to enter Hawkins High on the last day before our big spring break. Walking alongside my friends, Mike on my left and Dustin on my right, we attract the curious whispers of our fellow students. It's no surprise; they can't help but gossip about the supernatural events in the Upside Down. We make our way to the dreaded pep rally, but in the grand scheme of things, school gatherings can't compare to what's transpired since I returned from the other side.

As we step into the gym, a friendly, unfamiliar woman greets us at the door.

"First and last name, please, Miss," she kindly asks.

"Y/n L/n, a pleasure to meet you," I respond with a sweet smile.

After checking my name on the list of junior students, she jots something down and gives me a thumbs up. I thank her and move away from the line, leaning against the gym's white-washed walls while I wait for my friends to clear the entrance.

Once they join me, we settle into a middle row of the bleachers, surrounded by students who seem oblivious to our presence.

"It's strange without El here... I really wish she could go to school with us," I confide in Mike.

"Yeah, I can't wait to visit her over spring break," he sighs, his impatience evident as we wait for the crowd to assemble.

A random guy sits down next to me, attempting to catch my attention with a snap of his fingers.

"I'm not a dog. What do you want?" I retort, giving him my focus despite my annoyance.

"You wanna hang out with me after school, you seem nice. And besides, you're totally hot," he smirks at his own feeble compliment.

I roll my eyes and reject his advances. "No. Never. Not in a million years."

He persists, but Dustin intervenes, ending the unwelcome interaction.

"Leave me alone, go bother someone else," I assert, noticing blood on my hand.

I wipe away the crimson liquid, frustrated with the situation.

"Okay. But you're missing out; anyone would kill to have a night with me. You'll regret this," the persistent suitor warns before finding another seat.

As I turn back to the front, the cheers and clapping fill the gym. Cheerleaders perform a well-rehearsed routine, and a blonde girl stands out with her acrobatics.

The rally continues with a speech from a spirited, not-my-type guy. I let my mind wander, wishing that Billy were here, delivering the speech, and that I would be the one receiving an 'I love you' from him. Sometimes, I wish that day could have turned out differently.

After the pep rally, we meet up with Lucas, who appears a bit on edge.

"I don't see the big deal, just talk to Eddie," Lucas suggests.

I scoff, "Putting an elephant in the fridge would be easier."

Lucas suggests postponing, but Mike has reservations.

"Couldn't you just ask him to postpone?" Lucas suggests.

"Postpone? Oh yeah, and you can just talk to that blonde guy and get him to postpone your basketball tournament," Mike retorts.

"We'll try," Dustin agrees.

I decide to sit with Maxine for lunch, and the boys accept my choice. Lucas leaves in a huff, and I can't help but chuckle at his mood.

Waving goodbye to my friends, I set off to find Maxine.