》20《

Chapter 20: Carnival Blues

》》🎸《《

"C'mon Eddie, I wanna go to the carnival. It's only gonna be around for another day and then it's gone till next summer. Please~" I drag out the 'S'.

I grip his arm, trying to pull him to the door but he doesn't budge. He gives a deep sigh before cupping his hands around his mouth.

"Harrington! I'm taking my girl out to the carnival, look after our kids!" He yells and I grin.

"They aren't our children for god's sake!" I hear Steve shout back, causing a series of laughs to come from the children who were listening in.

Eddie opens the door muttering "Yeah, yeah."

"After you my lady." He bows dramatically, putting on a mock British accent.

I step outside and walk to the passenger side of Eddie's black van. He follows after me, hopping inside the driver's seat and unlocking my door, pushing it open.

I sit down inside the old car, adjusting the seat as he starts the car.

Eddie backs out of the driveway and then turns to me.

"I have no idea which way the carnival is by the way."

◇◇◇

Bright lights and the smells of cheaply made food fill my senses of sight and smell as we round the corner of the street. The usual generic music gets louder mixed with the sound of a large group of people as we find a park in the massive car lot outside the fair. 

I slam the door shut and hear Eddie do the same as my eyes light up from the sight in front of me. Rigged games and ridiculously overpriced food. Absolute heaven. I grab my boyfriend's denim jacket, pulling him along with me into the sea of mesmerized children and panicked parents. 

My eyes dart from game to game, not knowing which to pick first. Eddie pats me on the back and I turn to look at him.

"I'll go grab us some candy floss, be back soon Princess." Eddie winks at me and then disappears into the crowd.

I head to the side of the rollercoaster, sparks flying out from it as the cart squeals to stop so the passengers can get off and new ones can take their place. I watch the pretty neon lights shine on the ground, drawing in new customers to this once-a-year carnival.

"Hey! Y/n! There you are." My breath literally stops and I gasp for air but it's as if oxygen has vanished from the atmosphere.

That voice.

It can't be.

"No. No-no-no-no. Y-you can't be real." I gasp out.

 I back away from the blonde boy walking towards me through the crowd with a genuine smile.

He notices my fear and his smile drops into a frown.

"Babe, why are you so afraid? Did- did I hurt you? Why can't I remember anything?" He questions.

"Is this a dream? You're not Billy. Who are you?" I ask him.

"What? I am. I'm your boyfriend. What are you talking about Y/n?" He puts a hand on my shoulder and I flinch.

"No. You're dead. You died... a year ago." I tell him.

He grins and shakes his head at me and then continues walking towards me, I freeze in fear and I can't move to escape. He wraps his strong arms around me and I don't move to hug him back. He immediately let me go, hurt flashing in his eyes.

"You really believe that don't you?" He grabs my shoulders lightly, leaning in a bit too close for my liking.

I sense he is about to kiss me but before I can do anything about it a familiar voice sounds to my left.

"Hands off my woman, dude." Eddie steps over to us and grabs me from Billy's grasp, pushing me behind him protectively.

Billy's eyes narrow as he glares at Eddie. "Who are you? Get away from my girlfriend, you freak."

Eddie clenches his fists and grits his teeth. I already know what he's about to do and before he can take a swing at Billy I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Not here Eddie, there's kids," I whisper.

He is silent for a moment before unclenching his hands and letting them fall back to his sides.

"Fine. Bring him back to the cabin with us then. Eleven can deal with him." He snarks, dragging me along back with him.

Billy follows closely behind us and I internally sigh as I regret not going on any of the rides. Eddie lets go of me on my side of the van and then opens the back doors, angrily gesturing for Billy to get inside.

"You break my shit, I break you." Eddie threatens.

He then slams the back door and locks it before getting into the driver's side and starting the car.

Billy then comes up the front, resting his elbows on the backs of our seats.

"Where we off to?"

Eddie grips his steering wheel, his knuckles turning white.

"Listen here "bro". I don't like you. I don't like the way you talk to my woman. We'll get there when we get there. Now sit down and shut the fuck up before I beat you harder than your father did." I freeze.

Billy goes silent. He clenches his fists, tightening his jaw before turning away and sitting in the far left corner away from us.

"Eddie what the fuck. That was too far. Where did that come from?" I yell.

"He put his hands on you. He needs to learn to keep his hands off of what doesn't belong to him." He growls.

"Oh, so you own me? You think you can decide who I can and can't touch?" I sneer.

"If it means protecting my girlfriend from people- dead people- like Billy Hargrove? Then yes. Yes, I do." He turns away from me, tightening his grip on the steering wheel and heading into the forest.

What a fantastic first date.