》10《

Chapter Ten: What The Hell's Mordor?

Based on Season 4, Episode 6

》》🎸《《

Eddie looks at me with a worried expression. "The walkie-talkie got waterlogged, Y/n. We need to find another one before we head deeper into the forest."

I nod, thinking hard. "Hmm. I think my dad used to work at some sort of construction site near here. We could go see if it's still there? They're bound to have walkies there."

Eddie brightens at the suggestion. "Hey, that's a good idea N/n. Do you remember how to get there?"

I nod. "Yeah, it's not too far from here. We should be able to find it."

We set off through the forest, keeping an eye out for any signs of danger. As we walk, I can't help but feel a sense of dread at the thought of having to steal another walkie-talkie. It's not like we have a lot of other options, though.

As we approach the construction site, I see that it's full of workers, all busy with their tasks. I stare at the ground in thought, making a mental plan of how to find a way to get a walkie-talkie without drawing too much attention to ourselves.

We sneak through a hole in the fence and make our way behind a shed. As we search through the piles of tools and equipment, I hear a faint sound coming from my left.

I poke my head out from behind the shed and see a worker dumping his belt; with a walkie-talkie attached, onto a pile of wood. He heads towards the bathroom, and I know this is our chance.

I whisper to Eddie and we quickly grab the walkie-talkie from the pile. I feel a pang of guilt as we sneak away from the work site, but I remind myself that it's a matter of survival.

We make our way back through the forest, trying to stay out of sight as much as possible. When we finally reach a safe spot, we turn on the walkie-talkie and try to hail the others.

To our relief, we hear Steve's voice crackling through the static. "Y/n? Is that you? Are you okay?"

I breathe a sigh of relief. "Yeah, we're okay. We found a new walkie-talkie."

There's a pause on the other end before Steve speaks again. "Thank goodness. We've been worried sick. What's your location?"

I give Steve our coordinates and we make plans to meet up with the rest of the group as soon as possible. With the walkie-talkie in hand, I feel a little more secure knowing that Steve is coming soon.

◇◇◇

I continue through the dense forest with Eddie, searching for a place he wouldn't tell me the name of. I recognize the route we are taking. Skull rock. The most popular makeout spot among the kids in our town.

When we reached the giant rock, Eddie turned to me, a sly grin on his face.

"Well we're at Skull rock N/n, we probably shouldn't stray from tradition, should we? What do you say? Want to give it a try?"

I playfully smack his arm and chuckle. "You're such a dweeb. But I have to admit, the thought is tempting."

Eddie grins and winks at me. "Well, if you change your mind, let me know."

I roll my eyes, but can't help the grin that spreads across my face. Despite the danger we were in, flirting with Eddie is a great way to pass time.

Suddenly Steve and his children emerge from the trees, looking worried.

"Geez man, I thought you were a goner," Dustin says, embracing Eddie and patting his back.

"Yeah, lucky I had my knight in shining armour, huh?" Eddie replies, looking at me with a wink.

"So, what happened guys?" Robin asks.

"Vecna he- he killed Patrick. We were trying to get away from him and Jason in the water but then he starting like- floating in mid-air. And then..." I pause.

"You don't have to finish. That must have been terrible." Nancy comes over to me and wraps her arms around me.

Dustin, deep in thought, suddenly begins jumping around excitedly. "I've got it! I've got it!" he exclaimed.

"Got what?" Steve asks.

"Compasses only don't work when a stronger electromagnetic field is disrupting it so either there's a really big magnet out there... Or there's a gate," Dustin explains.

I stand, my eyes lighting up. "I think Dustin might be onto something. If we can get into the upside down we can face Vecna head-on and kill him."

"I dibs stabbing him in the chest with a knife." Robin pipes in.

Dustin's face lights up at the prospect. "What say you, Eddie the Banished?" he asks.

"Now hold up, we're not gonna just go looking for a gate to the Upside Down without a plan guys. That's suicide!" Steve interjects.

Eddie hesitates for a moment before nodding. "It sounds like you're asking me to go to Mordor. So, Mordor it is," he said, standing up with determination.

Steve starts grumbling with agitation before following Dustin who was already multiple steps away from us.

"The hell's Mordor?" He mutters.