》4《

Chapter 4: Murders In Hawkins

Based on Season 4, Episode 2

》》🎸《《

I lean my arms over the counter, keeping an eye on the eggs cooking beside me as I watch the television set.

"I'm down here at forest hills trailer park in Roane County and I have some very shocking news. We don't have a lot of details right now but what we can confirm is that the body of a Hawkins High student was found early this morning." My mouth hangs open at the news.

Max lives there! Is she dead? Thoughts start spiraling through my head and I leave my eggs, running to my bedroom. I pick up my walkie talking and pull up the antenna quickly.

"Max, Max come in! Are you there—are you safe?" The words fly out of my mouth.

There is a pause before I hear her voice.

"Yeah. Just a little shaken up." I sigh in relief.

"Do you want me to contact the group? I know Mike isn't here but Steve and Robin and a few others are." I offer.

"Yeah, we can meet at Dustin's." She says and cuts off our connection.

I grab my bag and stuff my walkie in it along with multiple other objects. Grabbing my switch blade off my bookshelf, I speed walk into the kitchen, turn off the stove and rush out the door. I push my bike to the road and peddle as fast as I can to the boy's house.

◇◇◇

I knock on Dustin's door multiple times and his mom opens; cat in arms.

"Hello Miss Henderson, is Dustin home?" I ask sweetly.

"Oh yes. Quite popular today I see. He's in the den with Max." She informs.

I thank her and walk across the house to the back room. I see Dustin pacing as Max tells him something.

"No way. Eddie didn't do this. Not Eddie." Dustin tells her sternly.

"Eddie did what?" I ask.

They stop what they were doing and turn to me, finally noticing my sudden appearance.

"God, Y/n. I thought you'd been killed too." Max runs up to me and wraps her arms around me.

I tuck her in a tight hug before doing the same to Dustin.

"I'm happy you guys are okay. I may only be a year older but you guys are like my children, I'd hate for anything to happen to you." I let go of him and sit down on the couch.

"So. What did Eddie not do?" I intertwine my fingers together.

"Max thinks he killed Chrissy Cunningham." He says seriously.

I chuckle.

"This isn't funny Y/n." Max crosses her arms.

"I'm sorry. But you think that a DnD Dungeons Master who plays guitar and shyly asked for my number, is a murderer?" I giggle.

"You gave him your number?" Dustin asks.

"Uh, yeah? Duh." I stifle my laughs.

"Whatever. We can't rule him out." She looks down.