18

Life was very normal at the Flint Estate, exepct for the major hippogriff in the room. You know, the fact that I'm dating Albus Potter.

Sorry, fake dating. 

They all know about Potter though, its literally headline news.

My father is sipping his coffee, face hidden slightly behind the Daily Profit. 

The headline: "Wizarding royalty set to dazzle at Malfoy Ball".

Two guess who are on the cover?... 

Tom and Tate are devouring their breakfasts in unision. Identicale to a T. 

They both give me a look before one sniggers at the profit in father's hands. I naturally poke my tongue out.

Mother then waltzes in. Kisses both Tom and Tate on the forehead. She gives my shoulder a soft squeeze before she tusks at dad.

He grunts before winking at her. "I would darling, but I've got to run the stats on Bulgaria".

All three of us cringe, exepct for Mother who flips her professionally styled hair off her shoulders. "Tonight then".

Tom coughs. "Guess I'm spending the night at Tiffany's".

Tiffany Rosier has been Tom's girlfriend since fifth year. She's a Slytherin, not famous and actually very pretty. She has ex-deatheater connections but most do when they're members of the sacred twenty eight. Very hushed but still, grandmother Parkinson has always comended Tom on finding the right kind of girl, one that he's not related to. Something I know makes him very uncomfortable at family renions. Blood status had nothing to do with it as they fell in love naturally. Young love that formed into something stronger. Of course, the press uses it to label Tom Flint as 'the predjudiced heart-throb we all love to hate'.

I wish I was making this stuff up. So you can imagine that Albus Potter is the exact opposite of Tiffany Rosier. And I don't know what to say about it. I feel like I should say something as Potter and I are staring at me from father's paper.

Mother hummed as if she didn't even hear Tom. Eyes on father like he's a god. He looks back at her like she's a goddess. Same ol' family.

Tom then pointed his fork at me casually. "Say Tara? How's your new boyfriend going? You failed to mention anything about him in your letters".

Tate frowned mockingly. "Funny that, I don't remember hearing about him in any of mine either".

I clicked my tongue in annoyance. And I knew I was doomed as soon as both my parents formed the will power to tear their eyes off themselves and on to me. Father foldded the profit in half, Bulgaria forgotten.

I shrugged. "Its...I mean...He's okay".

Father snorted in amusment. "Hope he's better then that Irish kid that only dated you to get my autograph".

I shrugged causally. "Well I'm only dating him to get Harry Potter's".

Father smirked but Mother saw through it. "You never bothered mentioning him at all".

I frowned and pushed a cherry tomato on my plate from side to side. "I was just a bit worried. We're not that serious anyways, we've only just started dating. Didn't want to bring him up unless it was a sure thing".

She tusked in obvious disbelief. "Ah huh".

She then kissed my forheaad. "Well, let us know if it becomes serious".

Tate chuckled. "Oh yeah, if its serious we should invite them all over for dinner. The Potters and Flints. A Bunch of Gryffindo-".

I cut him off with a glare. "He's not a Gryffindor, which you very well know. You played Quidditch with him in school".