24

Suzie huffed dramatically next to me. "I hate the amount of stairs in these stands". 

I grunted in agreement. Whoever decided that students have to walk all 534 stairs in the quidditch pitch stands without those muggle ellebater contraptions is beyond me.

As Suzie and I finally emerged at the seating area for the Slytherin students we found a mix of Hufflepuff and Gryffindor supporters. More gold then red obviously because Slytherin and Hufflepuff are silent supporters of each other over the other two options. 

Hence why I'm wearing a hufflepuff scarf and yet Suzie is wearing a gryffindor beanie to quote 'sit and cheer with Scorpius because you take the game too seriously'. I'm only a little offended.

We found the boys in the Slytherin stans (I know, I'm just as suprised as you) with a little girl who wasn't wearing either gold or red, she wore a ravenclaw scarf and was crying. Like big hippogriff tears. She was tucked under Albus' arm, he glared at every Slytherin who dared stare at said crying little girl. 

She had red hair though so I knew instantly she was a Weasley. I shrugged at Suzie and pointed to two empty seats far away from said crying-Weasley-infant-Ravenclaw-child. But Suzie just looked around before saying "They're over there" and then pulled me by the arm.

Scorpius got up and hugged us both like we hadn't seen eachother for a century. It was embarrassing. He winked at me. "I've never sat in the Slytherin stans before, this should be fun". I tried not cringe infront of my own house. Instead I whispered a hissed "Get off me, Scorp" before sitting on the opposite side of the crying girl. Scorpius just shrugged before offering Suzie a sugar quill. My heart melted at the peace offering, I can't believe he remembered her favourite sweet.

She sniffed beside me and Potter pulled her closer to him. I bit my lip and turned to the pair, Potter looked slightly less brooding but I still can't fathom why said child feels safe tucked under that arm. Might as well try to ease the tension. "So...do you like sugar quills?".

Potter smirked at me in amusement while the girl turned to me with wide eyes. "I prefer liquorice wands". I instantly turned up my nose. "Out of all the lollies in the world you'd choose a liquorice wand? Even over ice mice?".

The girl blanched. "Everyone hates ice mice".

I scoffed in fake offence. Potter nodded at me. "Lucy, this is my girlfriend, Tara". The girl blushed which was incredible considering her already red face from crying her eyes out. "I know who she is, Al". 

I rose an eyebrow at her. "Do you now?".

She nodded. "You're on this weeks cover of Witch Weekly".

I rolled my eyes. "Figures".

She just sat and stared out at the quidditch pitch. I felt bad for her. "So, what's got you all down in the dumps?".

Potter shot me a glare and reluctantly muttered. "Lucy is a second year and just found out her friends where pretending to be her friends to meet Lily and Rose".

I frowned as Lucy held back more tears. I guess she only just found out. "Were these 'friends' of yours in your house?". 

She nodded and I bit my lip. "Try making friends with Hufflepuffs, they're loyal and wouldn't do that".

She turned to me in suprise. "How do you know that?".

I shrugged. "Because I'm friends with a Hufflepuff and even though he knows he'll never get to date me, he still looks out for me. That's him there". I pointed to Creevy who was currently doing pre game laps.

I then shrugged. "And besides it's a brand new term, the best time to make new friends. I know a second year, if you ever want to make friends with the snakes".