☏ - 019

"what are you doing sitting by yourself?" a kind and gentle voice approached the red head. donghyuck turned around and saw a boy around his age with curly blonde hair and a contagious smile.

   it was only donghyuck's first week at the new middle school, but a rumor about him liking boys had already spread around the school, causing everyone to think he was disgusting or weird. "haven't you heard what everyone says about me?" donghyuck asked curiously. he didn't want to scare the other off immediately, but he figured that he should come clean anyways. 

   "heard about what? you liking boys?" the blonde said, surprising donghyuck. "yeah, you know and you still came to talk to me?" the taller smiled at him cheekily. "i don't care about what they have to say. i've seen some of your art hanging up in the art room and i have to say, you're really talented. it made me want to be your friend," he paused before sticking out his hand. 

   "i'm minhyung"

   donghyuck stared at the hand being held out to him. did he want to be friends with the strange boy who he was just being aqquainted with? he shrugged, i have nothing to lose anyway.

   "i'm donghyuck," he stuck his hand out, shaking it with minhyung's. they pulled away after a moment, donghyuck looking down shyly. "d-does this make us friends now?" he asked. "of course," minhyung hooked an arm around his shoulders casually. 

   "now," he turned them around so they could walk towards the cafeteria together, "we just have to learn everything about eachother."

---

   donghyuck and minhyung were bestfriends for two years, until their freshman year of highschool where minhyung dropped out and transferred in the beginning of the school year. he left donghyuck behind without a trace, their friendship being kicked in the dust.

   for the two years that they were bestfriends, donghyuck never had to worry about anyone bullying him since minhyung was always there for him. the second the canadian left, everything came back, as if nothing ever changed. as if minhyung was never even there. though two years may be short, and he might have been young and foolish, donghyuck fell for minhyung. an unrequited love, he would come to terms with eventually.

   little did he know that minhyung had felt the exact same and suffered the same pain that he did when he moved away.

   when minhyung did finally move back a year later, he never even looked in donghyuck's direction. the younger was beyond pissed. he was angry and sad and disappointed. had their two years of friendship been in vain? he wondered.

   unfortunately, as much as he wanted to, he couldn't forget minhyung, or his feelings for him.

-----

can't believe this is the longest chapter so far

✎ ---- dreaminghyuck⤾