☏ - 051

"haechan!" renjun squeezed the brunette in a bone-crushing hug. the younger giggle pulling away, "i've gotta get home quickly today. my mom's cooking my favorite." 

   "let me walk you home then. if i don't look out for those bullies for you, who will?"

   "i've never been bullied for a day in my life and you know it," haechan snorted, "but sure. we have to hurry though."

   "how's your phone crush by the way? i've been meaning to ask."

   "well you know, he's good. we're great actually," haechan lied. he seemed to be doing a lot of that ever since he first accidentally called mark. first lying about getting bullied, then his parents being dead, then his sob story about being raised by his aunt, and now he was even lying to his best friend about being on good terms with mark when their last call ended with mark telling him to never speak with him again. since when was he so desperate for attention? since mark's attention was the only one you wanted, he answered himself dejectedly.

   they walked together not as speedily as intended which resulted in them sprinting down the street together for the last five minutes. somehow they still managed to arrive on time. "wanna stay for dinner?" haechan asked, out of breath and panting as renjun did the same. "yeah," he croaked and they both burst out laughing. "let me just text my mom, i'm sure she'll say it's fine."

-----

can u tell i'm trying to wrap this up? lmao

✎ ---- dreaminghyuck⤾