☏ - 025

"originally the size was more of a narrow-body, but that was way back when in the 60's. since the 90's, the size has grown to fit the classification which is more popular. that's why it's more of a wide model now. since the release of the wide-bodied versions, it's positioned above the corolla and below the avalon or crown in multiple markets"

"...mark"

"buuuut, you might be surprised to hear that between 1979 and 1982, the nameplate was delegated to a four-door sedan model in japan. so when it became an independent model line in 1982 with the series, the company made it available as a five-door in addition to the sedan. the subsequent series, debuted in 1986 with a substituting the liftback body variant and japan-only sedans making their debut. the company replaced the v20 in 1990 with the sedan and hardtop, but this model series was exclusive to japan."

"mark, i swear—"

"the next wide-body model, the xv30, actually came in 2001. now it's only sold as a sedan, but it's also offered two different front—and rear—end design treatments. japan and most global markets received one style; a separate, more conservative version covered markets in east and southeast asia. what's funny is that-"

"mark!"

"yeah?"

...

"oh shit"

"i was rambling, wasn't i?"

"yeah"

"you were"

"sorry i tend to get pretty passionate"

"when i talk about something i like anyway"

"it's okay, really"

"i understand"

"and it wouldn't have been that bad, actually"

"i just have no idea what you were going on about"

"ah, my favorite car"

"you like cars, huh?"

"yep"

"but specifically one"

"which one?"

"i don't think you mentioned the model"

"right"

"well, the one i like no longer sells"

"it's the 1982 toyota camry"

"i don't know why i asked"

"i still don't know what that is"

...

"should we change the topic..."

"before you get triggered?"

"probably"

...

"will we?"

"nah"

"i still have a lot to tell you"

"clearly you know nothing about cars"

"oh gosh"

"where was i?"

"oh yeah"

"when toyota launched their luxury lexus brand in 1989, it offered a close derivative of the camry and vista hardtop sedan as the—"

"someone save me"

-----

yes i stole that from wikipedia, what about it

✎ ---- dreaminghyuck⤾