A new chance

Word count:1844

⚠️triggers⚠️: fighting and sickness I guess.

Have fun reading:)

„Come with me."
The unknown man tells me holding my arm tight so that I'm not able to escape. As he drags me out of the bed I find a way to put the blanket all over Alanna so that he doesn't notice that she's here. Luckily she doesn't open one eye of hers.
Once we arrive at the kitchen, which is right next to the room, he basically pushes me against the kitchen counter.

And come on, I can't let anyone treat me this way like, come on I'm a fucking black widow, I never let anyone treat me this fucking way!
And as I see him pulling out his gun again, I start the action. That's my thing. Definitely my thing.

I start punching and kicking him until he has enough of it and throws me over the counter.
I immediately get up and do my little leg trick. This finally gets him down. Now I'm over him giving him some more punches for waking me up. I mean like come on... I haven't slept so well in years! And I get that it's not cool to find some strangers in your home sleeping on your bed when you're the one who actually wants to sleep. But that's not the way to solve this huge problem.

And all of a sudden he flips me over. It went so fast that I didn't really realize that I even banged against the couch.
And not even 2 minutes later, I start feeling the consequences of it. The pain is going down my spine and it feels like bullshit. Come on!
He starts choking and holding me. I usually always know how to protect myself and I'm really trying to get myself out, but it doesn't seem to work. Instead, it seems impossible!
I start loosing air.
And loosing air.
And loosing air.

Until I hear a small voice say:
„Please let go of her. Don't hurt her. I don't have anyone else... I need her."

No.

Why did she have to wake up?

„Don't- hu-hurt h-her please.", I manage to out.
Let me tell you, at this moment I really thought that soon after that I would pass out or die. I don't know and it doesn't matter. But I thought that this was the most important thing I could have said.

Suddenly I feel him standing up and leaving me on the floor.

This releasing feeling goes through my body. And then I feel two arms surround me.

"Please don't die. Don't leave me like Grace did...", she says between her sobs.

I won't...", I just answer, out of breath.

Who is Grace..?

***

After everything that happened, I managed to calm myself down with a cup of water that the man gave me. Yes, I managed to calm myself down. I can't say the same about Alanna though. After what happened she cried for the next 30 minutes, so I had to sit down with her on the couch to comfort her. I tried everything! Water, snuggling, I even tried to get her to play with me and not even this she wanted. The man just sat in front of us apologizing for what he had done. It was weird. Really weird.

Once Alanna calms down I take her back to the room, put her to bed and walk back to where everything happened. I close the door and speak:

„I'm sorry for what happened. I'll leave as soon as possible."

I stay there for a while. I don't know why, but I'm expecting an answer from him. He just keeps weirdly looking at me.
After my whole patience basically leaves my body I turn around and finally say: