Chapter 41 - The Turmoil

Small Gore Warning ⚠️
————————————————————————

    Dog's entire body hurt.

    His upper body throbbed in pain with each heartbeat that hit him.

    It made it difficult to even walk using the walls for support.

    But the operation was successful.

    After Yama was finished, he immediately went to work on Bis who showed up not too long before Dog's hold was completely gone. The doctor had created bags full of a dead lackey's blood and deer hearts to put the hold in as a way to mimic their hearts. He can't destroy them without Zankoku knowing so creating a fake heart was the best option.

     Yama didn't mention how bad it would feel post-operation. Dog was immediately sent to return to (Y/N)'s cell to watch over her until Ki or Akai were finished. But he couldn't even walk in a straight line.

    The spider demon had to op for using his spider legs to help get around. It was more stable having eight legs instead two to help carry himself.

    But even though the pain made his body struggle to move his mind was clouded with the ultimatum he was forcefully put into.

    Does he go with Yama or continue with Ki and Akai?

    He felt guilty even being stuck having to decide when the obvious answer was taking (Y/N) to Yama in order to help her. He wasn't sure what was going to happen afterwards but anything was better than being with Ki and Akai. Dog knows that better than the next person.

    But apart of him can't bring himself to it...

    He's scared. He doesn't disobey. He was trained to listen to every command, literally tortured and beaten into it. Ki and Akai were furious whenever Dog made a  mistake that costed him getting his legs ripped off his back, beaten until he couldn't see, shoved into deep water when he couldn't swim, had his guts ripped open until he nearly bled out...

     And before Ki and Akai, it was Zankoku. Bloodbaths every day to the point where Dog couldn't lift even a finger. Whenever Dog did something that either disappointed or failed to meet the King's expectations he was broken down even more. Dog was originally supposed to be a scout and standing alongside the King but failed to live up to the image the King had for him. Which resulted in more torture, more blood being spilled, more reminders everyday that he's nothing more than just a filthy mutt who deserved to die...

     He was so close to death so many times that he's scared of making the slightest mistake possible.

     And now he was put in charge of the love of his scouts' lives...

     They would kill him. If he takes her to Yama instead, Ki and Akai would kill him as soon as they lay eyes on him. His life wasn't worth keeping since they can just get another unfortunate lackey to torture and play with...

     But Dog wanted to help (Y/N). She's the first kind person he's ever met in many years. She didn't judge him or run away, she didn't try to hurt him or yell at him. She understood him.

     She understood what it was like to be controlled. Having your life in the hands of abusers...

     He wanted to help her and bring her to Yama, but he's scared. He's lived his life on the edge of death so many times... but his biggest fear is finally tipping over that edge.

     When he reached the hall and spotted the bars of the woman's room, he hesitated.

     One path equaled his life and the other... his death. He didn't want to choose.