Chapter 245

Y/n groaned, rubbing his eyes. Multiple weeks passed since he ran into the student couple at the store, and once more the man found himself returning back to his mundane life.

To his knowledge, the couple stopped frequenting the café, only stopping by every once and a while to pick up drinks before heading home.

What should I do on my day off...

Y/n's thoughts meandered until Hyewon walked into the room, gesturing behind her.

"The three of us are going to head out, do you want to come with?"

Y/n protruded his lips, "Out? Where to?"

"We're going to the IVE dorm," Hyewon replied.

"What for?" Y/n asked.

"I don't know," Hyewon shrugged, "Yujin just texted us asking if we wanted to come over and told us we could bring you guys."

Y/n furrowed his eyebrows, "Is it okay for two random adults to enter the IVE dorm?"

Hyewon nodded, "Yujin let the other girls know who you two are. You don't have to go if you don't want to though."

Y/n shook his head as she slid out of bed, "I'll go with. I was just looking for something to do."

"I'm surprised you're not reading," Hyewon scoffed.

"I need to leave this bed," Y/n chuckled.

Hyewon turned away from the door, "We'll be waiting downstairs for you."

"'Kay," Y/n replied.

In the car, Y/n couldn't help but feel slightly excited. Though he wasn't the closest to neither Wonyoung or Yujin, the thought of seeing the former maknaes once more brought a smile to Y/n's face.

"I missed this," Y/n chuckled as he walked through the ground floor of the super dorm."

"Me too," Hyewon replied, "We can even visit Eunbi unnie, Yena ya and Yuri ya if we want."

"I wouldn't mind," Minju commented, "It's been a while since I've seen those three."

Hyewon pursed her lips, "You just saw those three at the set for Yuri ah's music video."

"That's too long!" Minju exclaimed.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

Y/n let out a low sigh as he approached the IVE dorm. Next to its entrance, a familiar door seemed to pull Y/n in through habit. While Minju knocked the on the door, Y/n stood next to Ji Hoon. A small pit of anxiousness built in the man's stomach for reasons he couldn't quite understand.

Come to think about it, I haven't really listened to or watched any of IVE's stuff...

Y/n watched as the door opened, revealing IVE's eldest member, Gaeul.

"Oh, all four of you came."

Gaeul gestured for the guests to enter, closing the door behind them. In the living room Y/n felt he knew all too well, the other five members sat next to each other--some talking amongst themselves and other staring at the new faces.

"Oh, you're here!!" Yujin smiled, "Allow me to introduce you guys."

Yujin approached the crowd, passing Gaeul as the eldest sat on the couch.

"Girls, this is Ji Hoon oppa, Y/n oppa, Hyewon unnie, and Minju unnie."

Yujin turned toward the aforementioned, gesturing toward her groupmates.

"Guys, this is Gaeul unnie, Rei ya, Liz ah, and Leeseo ya."

The girls waved toward the crowd while Yujin held her hand out.

"Come, sit. I'll bring you guys waters."

Y/n sat next to Hyewon, finding himself staring at everything but the girls in front of him.

"So," Hyewon started, breaking the ice, "How has practice been?"

Wonyoung swayed her head, "Not that bad. It's not too different from when we were together. There's just half the amount of members."

"I kind of miss the chaos," Yujin added as she placed the glasses of water on the coffee table.

"That's not the say it doesn't get chaotic," Wonyoung continued, "It's a different vibe though."

Ji Hoon furrowed his eyebrows, "Did you undergo the knife, Wonyoungie?"

"A little," Wonyoung replied.

"Oh," Ji Hoon nodded, "Looks good."

"Thanks," Wonyoung smiled.

Gaeul turned to Ji Hoon with wide eyes, "You could tell?"

"You'll quickly find out that Ji Hoon oppa is quite extraordinary," Yujin replied.

"Oppa!!" Wonyoung suddenly shouted, "Can you cook for us tonight? I miss your cooking."

Hyewon raised an eyebrow, "Can't you just go up and eat there?"

Wonyoung shook her head, "Ever since you moved out, snacks aren't really kept around—much less food."

"Ah," Hyewon pursed her lips, "That makes sense."

Ji Hoon looked toward Yujin, covering a side of his mouth before mouthing, "Do they know about him?"

Yujin shook her head.

"Where is he?"

"The house," Yujin mouthed back.

Ji Hoon nodded before turning back to the conversation. Much to his surprise, the man found Y/n conversing with the other girls.

That's weird. I thought he'd just sit in silence next to Hyewon ah.

"So, Y/n ssi," Gaeul raised an eyebrow, "How was it being a normal person living among idols?"

Y/n's eyes widened, "They told you that?"

Gaeul nodded, "They said you suddenly appeared and then became a part of the family."

"Well," Y/n scratched his head, "It was a little weird at first. Being a fan of them, it was also jarring since I only see  them behind a screen most of the time."

"Were they what you expected them to be?"

Y/n nodded, "They act exactly as how they do during their reality shows."

"Except Yujin and Yena are way louder," Hyewon added.

Y/n chuckled, "Yeah. Sometimes I worry I might lose my ears while I'm in the same room as them."

"Oh," Gaeul nodded, "That reminds me of the girls every now and then."

"Hey, you're a part of this too," Yujin argued.

"Yeah, but you guys are just really loud."

Y/n smiled as he watched the bickering between the eldest turn into a group-wide argument over who was the loudest in the group.

"This is something I weirdly miss," Hyewon chuckled.

"Me too," Y/n agreed, "Me too."