Chapter 247

Y/n scratched his head, nervously staring at his plate in hopes Hyewon's deathly glares would disappear.

"I guess I have some listening to do..."

Yuri nodded her head, "You definitely do."

"I'll have to do that when I get home." 

Thankfully for Y/n, Yena changed the topic, grabbing Hyewon with it. After their dinner, the soloists returned to their dorms while Y/n and company made their way home. As he sat in the car with Hyewon, an eerie silence filled the car. 

She's not even playing music... This silence is suffocating.

When they arrived home, Hyewon walked to her room without saying a word, causing Minju and Ji Hoon to turn toward Y/n with uncertainty.

"I might be sleeping on the couch tonight," Y/n sighed.

"If you want, you can sleep in my spot," Minju proposed, "I can sleep with Hyewon unnie."

"I think that's the best course of action," Ji Hoon commented, "She did not seem happy tonight." 

"What did you do?" Minju asked, "You know, before the entire not listening to her album thing."

Y/n pursed his lips, "Can't say."

"Well," Ji Hoon sighed, "You should go see if you can make it up to her while she's getting ready for bed. If she doesn't want to talk to you, then you can come over to our room and swap with MinMin."

Y/n hung his head low, letting out a low sigh, "Thanks, guys."

Ji Hoon pat Y/n's back as he walked away with Minju following in suit. For five egregiously short lasting minutes, Y/n stood at the door way collecting the courage to make his way to his room. Once he built the strength to walk into his room, Y/n tiptoed toward the bathroom door, knocking lightly.

"What."

Y/n flinched, taking a deep breath, "Are you still mad at me..."

"You want to take a fucking guess??"

Y/n pursed his lips, nodding as he turned away.

"I'll be in Hyung's room then. Minju ya offered to sleep with you tonight."

Without a response, Y/n walked to the former guest room, knocking before entering. 

"That's crazy," Ji Hoon chuckled, "Methinks I know what happened."

Y/n sighed, "Yeah... I fucked up big time."

"Let's just hope this blows over in the morning," Minju commented as she left the bathroom with a bare face.

"Yeah, and make sure you listen to her album before you go to sleep, or this might blow up in the morning," Ji Hoon added.

Y/n nodded as he grabbed his phone from his pocket. For the rest of the night, Y/n found himself struggling to sleep. Throughout multiple cycles of Hyewon's album, only one thought persisted in Y/n's mind.

The title song has a surprising amount of bass...

The next day, Y/n slid out of the empty bed, creeping past his room in hopes that someone wouldn't open the door. With the worry of his room tackled, Y/n snuck down the stairs, peering around the corner in search of the occupants of the living room. 

Okay, Hyung's the only one here.

Y/n sighed, stepping onto the floor, grabbing Ji Hoon's attention.

"Morning," Ji Hoon greeted, "How'd you sleep?"

"Not very well," Y/n trailed.

"Are you thinking of going back to sleep?"

Y/n rubbed his eyes, "Probably. Have you heard anything from the other two?"

Ji Hoon shook his head as he made his way to the couch.

"I haven't talked to either of them yet. For all I know those two are asleep."

Y/n silently nodded before grabbing a glass of water. After downing his drink, Y/n moved back to his temporary bed with the utmost caution. 

Hyewon sighed as she rolled in her spot. She felt horrible, but she also felt how she reacted was justified. 

Who wouldn't act that way when their boyfriend checks out their close friend? And he doesn't listen to my album? I thought he'd listen to my music too... Is that why he hasn't mentioned it? Because he didn't even listen to it?

Minju emerged from the bathroom wiping her face.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"I want to go back to sleep," Hyewon groaned. 

"You very much can," Minju replied.

"But I also don't want to."

"Ah," Minju pursed her lips, "That sounds like quite the problem."

"What am I supposed to do?" Hyewon pouted.

"Unnie," Minju tilted her head with slight annoyance in her eyes, "You haven't even told me what the problem was. How am I supposed to help you with your problem if I don't know what you're mad at him for?"

Hyewon turned her head to her housemate, calling back to her reasons.

"Nevermind. You don't have to tell me what to do."

"Did you find an answer?" Minju asked as she grabbed her phone.

"No, I just don't feel like talking about it."

"Suit yourself," Minju replied, "I'll be downstairs with Oppa."

Hyewon sat up in her spot, "He's awake?"

"Yeah. I heard him messing with the dishes not too long ago."

Hyewon glanced toward Minju's surroundings, showing her nervousness, "How long has he been awake?"

Minju shrugged, "I don't know. Why? Are you trying to talk to him?"

Hyewon shook her head, "I was just wondering."

Minju rolled her eyes, shaking her head, "Just go talk to Y/n oppa. He should be alone in my room. If he's not, then Ji Hoon oppa will leave the moment you open the door."

"What if I don't want to talk to him?" Hyewon asked.

"Then don't," Minju replied with a monotone voice, "I'm not going to dictate how you handle this situation. I thought you two would be able to sort this out after your first fight."

Hyewon raised her shoulders as Minju walked away. The coldness of the younger's voice reminded her of the old Ji Hoon, bringing her back to the first fight she had with Y/n.

She's right. I should know how to handle this. I've been mad at him before, and I know how to handle my emotions. 

Hyewon rolled out of bed sighing. After going through the motions of her morning routine, the woman eventually found herself standing in front of the former guest room. 

I checked and Minju ya and Ji Hoon oppa are sitting on the couch together. That means Y/n should be in this room. What if he's sleeping? If so then I'll just wait until he wakes up.

Hyewon sighed once more before opening the door, stepping into the room.