Chapter 218

Yena let out a hearty exhale as she placed her cup of water on the table.

"This come back is going to be great."

Feeling the urge of nature, the duck stood on her feet, pacing towards the bathroom. After she relieved herself, a faint sound of shuffling entered her ear, contrasting heavily to the sound of flowing water.

What the heck was that?

Carefully, Yena opened her door, peeking outside.

I thought I heard something.

Yena's heart rushed. A heavy presence could be felt, yet she didn't know if it was her imagination or if there was an intruder. With light steps, Yena snuck through her place, peeking around each corner to make sure the coast was clear.

As she checked the kitchen, a figure could be standing in front of the open fridge. A good look helped the woman recognize the figure in front of her.

"Oh my god, Hoon ah, you scared the hell out of me."

"Why?"

"I thought you were an intruder."

"Was I not your first guess? You gave me a copy of your key yesterday."

"I thought you were looking after Chaewonnie."

"I am. I just got hungry."

"What are you looking for?"

"An apple."

"Top drawer. I keep them just for you."

"Oh, thanks."

"So I assume she's in this area?"

"Yeah. She's outside."

"She's outside?"

"Not literally, but she's somewhere in the vicinity."

"You're not keeping track of her?"

"Not right now."

"What if something happens to her?"

"Nothing's going to happen to her. I checked the surrounding area before I came here."

"What is she even doing here anyway?"

"Going for a walk."

"Is she allowed to do that?"

"It seems so. Your song seems really good by the way."

"You looked at it?"

"No," Ji Hoon turned around with a smile, "I just already know."

Yena scoffed as Ji Hoon took a crunchy bite out of the apple in his hand.

"You should go back to looking after Chaewonnie."

"Are you sure you'll be fine alone?"

"Yeah."

"Your recent reaction says otherwise."

"I would have folded you if it weren't you standing there."

"You would have been in trouble if it weren't me walking through your house while you washed your hands."

"I guess that's true."

"You know, you're a prime suspect as the only person tied right now. Yuri noona is at the super dorm right now, so she's under the protection of JiU. Are you going to move there soon as well?"

"Yeah. Next week."

"That's good to hear. I'll be heading out then."

"Say hi to Chaewonnie for me."