Chapter 259

"What does it mean to roll for initiative?" Hyewon questioned.

"You roll your twenty-sided die and combine it with the initiative score on your sheet. This decides when you get your turn," JiU explained.

Minju leaned back in her chair, "I'm sitting this fight out."

Hyewon nodded, mimicking her younger friend.

Y/n reached into the small cylindrical container containing his dice. Four consecutive rapid taps hit the table, spurring until they came to a stop.

"Nineteen." Y/n reported.

Ji Hoon let out a soft sigh, "Ten."

"Seventeen." Yena smiled.

"Fourteen." Wonyoung joined.

"Wow, Clone," JiU chortled, "You got a two?"

"Guess I didn't inherit your luck." Ji Hoon chuckled.

"The order of combat will go as follows: Y/n oppa, Yena unnie, Wonyoung ah, bandit one, bandit two, Ji Hoon, and the last two bandits."

JiU: Oppa. It's your turn.

Y/n: I run up to the closest bandit and hit him with my Warhammer.

JiU: Roll to hit.

Y/n: Eleven.

JiU: Miss.

You sprint toward the alerted bandits, swinging your war hammer, but miss as the bandit narrowly dodges out of the way.

JiU: Yena unnie. What do you do?

Yn: I... walk to the door and cast firebolt on the same person Y/n oppa tried to attack.

JiU: How do you know which one he tried to attack?

Yn: That's true... I guess I attack the closest one to him.

JiU: Okay. Roll to hit.

Yn: S-Seven...

You hear a familiar voice shout, "Firebolt!!"

To your surprise, the projectile whizzes past the bandits, quickly fizzling out.

JiU: Wonyoung ah.

Wy: I fly to the door, peaking my head around the corner to check out the commotion.

JiU: You spot the large armored man standing next to a group of four bandits in a house with his war hammer drawn.

Wy: I fly close to the house--ten feet in front of it.

JiU: Is that your action?

Wy: Yep.

JiU: Okay. Bandit number one is going to take his turn.

To your right, the bandit you swung at takes a swipe at you with his scimitar, leaving a deep slash in your arm. Searing pain gnaws at your muscles causing you the flinch. As you step back, a second bandit swipes at you with his scimitar, but you raise your shield--blocking the sword.

JiU: That first bandit dealt max damage with his hit. I just felt the need to say that.

Jh: Upon hearing the commotion, I dash to the front of the house.

JiU: Alright. The last two bandits are going to take their actions.

JiU shook her fist, flicking her fingers open in tandem with the forward movement of her hand, launching the dice forward.