Chapter 256

Y/n and Ji Hoon walked through their front door, bringing them to the sight of Minju and Hyewon jumping in place in the middle of the living room.

"What's going on here?" Y/n asked.

"Oh- You guys are here!!" Minju cheered, "We're going out to watch Eunbi unnie's performance!"

Ji Hoon tilted his head, "You guys are jumping in the middle of the house for that?"

"Of course!!" Hyewon replied, "It's been weeks--maybe a month or two since we last saw her."

Y/n shrugged, "If I said I wasn't excited to see a performance from one of the twelve of you again, I'd be lying."

"What time is it at?" Ji Hoon asked.

"In a couple hours," Minju replied.

Ji Hoon started toward the stairs, "I'll go rest in my room then."

Y/n shortly followed in suit, prompting the two females to part ways as well. As they drove to their destination, Y/n found himself staring at Hyewon through his peripherals.

She looks so pretty while driving...

Hyewon glanced toward Y/n as she checked both directions at a four-way stop, chuckling.

"Y/n, you're staring."

"And?" Y/n grinned, "I'm just watching the most beautiful woman drive. It makes you look very attractive by the way."

Hyewon scoffed, "I thought you didn't like cheesy-ness."

"I don't."

Hyewon shook her head, "Whatever."

As they turned a corner, Y/n watched Hyewon slowly spin the wheel. A small smile crept on the man's face prompting him to chuckle to himself.

Never would I have thought I'd be sitting in the passenger seat with Hyewon ah driving while going to an Eunbi performance. I'd call myself insane if I went to the past to tell myself that.

To Y/n's surprise, the ride to the concert remained relatively smooth--something he hadn't paid much attention to. With his fair share of bumpy rides to and from the IZ*ONE schedules, Y/n felt very familiar with what a smooth ride felt like.

In the parking lot, Y/n, Ji Hoon, Hyewon and Minju congregated next to their cars with their masks and caps on.

"Remember, don't draw attention to yourself," Hyewon reminded, "This is supposed to be a surprise for Eunbi unnie."

The three others present nodded before starting toward the crowd waiting to watch the performance. While they waited, Y/n couldn't help but listen to the conversations of those around him.

"I can't believe Eunbi dropped Glitch and then an album! She's been working really hard!!"

"I wonder if the other members are going to comeback sometime soon."

"I hope so... I'm waiting for Yuri's comeback. I miss her vocals."

"Have we seen Chaeyeon at all recently? I feel like she's the only inactive one."

"Only?? It's been half a year without Chaewon! What are you talking about?"

"We know she's going to be in a group. We just need to wait for the announcement."

"I have high hopes. If it's a group with Chaewon, then surely there will be some other really good talents."

"I miss IZ*ONE..."

"We all do."

"Have you guys seen Eunbi recently? She's looked stunning."

"Yeah. My girlfriend hasn't been happy that I've been simping for her."

"I'm pretty sure my girlfriend is simping for her."

"No way you guys have girlfriends."

"Ya."

Y/n shook his head, diverting his attention toward the stage as the lights dimmed down.

It's time.

Y/n watched in awe as Eunbi performed on the stage in front of him. Gone was the Eunbi of IZ*ONE, and in her place, the soloist Kwon Eunbi shone brightly on the stage.

While he wasn't one to pay attention to many people other than Hyewon during the days of IZ*ONE, Y/n knew very well that Eunbi had improved her dancing.

Not only did Y/n feel like Eunbi improved her dancing, but he felt in the back of his mind that Eunbi also improved her vocals. It wasn't much, but he could tell. This performance was no longer twelve with Eunbi playing a part. This was Kwon Eunbi.

After the performance, the pair of couples snuck backstage with the help of Eunbi's manager where they would sneak behind the older woman.

As she looked up from her phone, Eunbi spotted the four familiar faces in the mirror, gasping.

"What are you guys doing here?!"

"Surprise Unnie!!" Minju giggled, "You looked so pretty on stage."

"Yeah," Ji Hoon smiled, "That performance was something else. Who knew you could move so well?"

Eunbi stood from her seat, walking into a group hug from the visitors.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming to watch? I would have done something..."

"Because we wanted it to be a surprise," Hyewon replied.

"It was a surprise to Hyung and I as well," Y/n added.

Eunbi separated from the group, still wearing her smile, "I'm so glad you guys came over. Is anyone else here?"

Minju shook her head, "It's just the four of us."

"Unnie!!!"

The five adults turned toward the door, each person having their own reaction to the entrance of Wonyoung and Yujin.

"You did so well out there!!" Wonyoung smiled as she jogged to her former leader.

"What are you two doing here??" Eunbi asked as she turned toward the first party.

Minju shrugged, prompting Eunbi to look back at the two former members of the maknae line.

"Are there any more here?"

Yujin shrugged, "Not that I know of. I didn't even know those four were here."

Ji Hoon pursed his lips, "I think there's a slight chance that more members might be here right now..."