042. SAM'S SERIAL KILLER OBSESSION

Sam and the kids are sitting in the bunker and Dean walks in.

"Yo. Don't suppose you've got a 20 on the darkness." Dean says.

"Uh. Well, I thought I had I had something earlier. Half a town flipped their gourds and started attacking people. But it turns out they'd eaten rabid possum meat." Sam states.

"Okay, they do realize that possum is a giant rat, right?" Dean asks.

"It's a marsupial." Sam and Ophelia correct.

"Huh?" Dean and Libby ask.

"Not the point. Check this out." Sam shows Dean his laptop. "Um, a couple was ax murdered in Fall Rivers, Massachusetts at -- wait for it -- the Lizzie Borden Ben and Breakfast Museum."

"A B&B and a museum. Yeah. That doesn't sound like a tourist trap at all." Dean scoffs.

"I mean, the thing is the inn was Lizzie Borden's actual house. In 1892, she hacked up her dad and stepmom there. Or allegedly hacked them up. She was acquitted and spent the rest of her days in Fall Rivers hounded and persecuted by the townspeople." Sam explains.

"So you're thinking revenge killing?" Dean asks and Sam shrugs. "Why now? It was probably some psycho fan who's seen too many slasher flicks."

"Could be, but the inn was locked up. No signs of entry or exit. Half a dozen guests. None of whom saw or heard any intruders." Sam states.

"Well, maybe the murderer was actually competent. Wait a minute. I know what this is. This has something to do with your freaky fetish for serial killers." Dean says.

"It's not a fetish." Sam says.

"You've always wanted to see that house!" Dean insists.

"Dean, two people are dead. In Lizzie Borden's home. We got no leads on Amara. I say we check this out." Sam says, shutting his laptop and standing up. "Besides, the entire Borden clan are buried in Fall Rivers. Including Lizzie."

"What do you want to do about Cas?" Dean asks.

"Oh, he's knee deep binge watching The Wire. Just started season 2." Sam informs.

"Oh, he's not coming out anytime soon. All right."

+++

It's nighttime when they get to the B&B/museum and go in.

"So I guess Lizzie Borden now has her own doll." Sam says as they wait for the guy behind the counter to get off the phone.

"Yeah, went a little overboard on the crazy eyes." Dean says.

"No, it's absolutely not a crime scene anymore. The room's been cleaned and you're not even on the same floor. There's no reason to cancel." He says as the person hangs up. He sighs, putting the phone down.

"People still freaked out about the murders, huh?" Dean asks.

"Some find it exciting. Can I help you folks?" Mason asks.

"Yeah. We'd read about the tragedy and I'm a bit of a history buff. I just wanted to ask... Do you think the killings had anything to do with Lizzie Borden? I mean, her ghost, or whatever?" Sam asks.

"probably some crazed fan broke in, right?" Dean counters.

"These are great questions, guys. Ones we usually answer for our paying guests." Mason says.

"Right." Sam takes his wallet out.

"Mason! You forgot to cancel the bakery order!" Mason's mother yells as she walks in.