046. STUCK IN A CAGE

"You... the visions... everything. It was all you?" Sam asks Lucifer.

"Impressive, right?" Lucifer asks, turning away from Ophelia. She lets her facade break a little, wiping at the couple of tears that escape.

"And Rowena?" Sam asks.

"Did as she was told. Groupies... they're always so eager." Lucifer says.

"So you did all of that just to-- to what? Jump my bones?" Sam asks.

"Literally." Lucifer smiles.

"Well, you wasted your time then. You see I know how this ends." Sam says.

"Oh, do you now?" Lucifer asks.

"Yeah. You'll taunt me and you'll, uh, torture me, and I'll say no. And eventually, sooner than you think, my brother's gonna walk through that door and kick your ass." Sam says.

"Dean?" Lucifer asks. "You're betting on Dean?"

"I always have." Sam says.

"Oh, Sam. You got me all wrong." Lucifer says.

"I doubt that." Sam scoffs.

"No. No. I'm not here to torture ya. I mean, I could." Lucifer says, walking closer to Sam until the hunter can't go further back, his back against the cage. "I could inflict pain like you and that little nugget over there can't even imagine. I could inflict such delicious, perfect pain."

"But that was so five years ago. No. I'm not going to harm a glorious little hair on that glorious little head. Or your niece."

"Then what do you want?" Sam asks.

"To make an offer you can't refuse. You see, Sam, you need me and I'm gonna prove it to you." Lucifer says. He puts a hand on Sam's forehead and in a flash of light they disappear, leaving Ophelia alone.

"Uncle Sam?" Ophelia calls. Her breathing gets quicker and shorter, the girl feeling her heart beat pick up.

"What the hell?" She whispers to herself. She wraps her hands around the cage, closing her eyes to try to calm herself down. "Relax. You can breathe. He isn't even here. He's gone, he's gone." She starts to calm down. "But so is Uncle Sam." She starts to freak out again.

"No, no. It's okay. He said he wasn't gonna him... you know, if he wasn't infamous for lying, I'd probably be calmer. But you're okay. You're just-- just stuck in a cage... in the dark... with nobody. And Crowley is gone... and yelling to get a random demon's attention is probably stupidest idea ever. You're probably safer in the cage."

"And now you're talking to yourself in the second person, but, that's totally normal, no? Hey, least, you aren't dead." Ophelia weakly chuckles.

"Breathe, breathe, breathe. You can breathe. You know how to breathe, Ophi." She whispers to herself. She sits on the floor of the cage and pulls her knees to her chest, her elbows resting on them, and burying her hands in her hair.

"You know how to breathe." She whispers. "Um, um... uh... crap." She squeezes her eyes shut. She racks her brain for a way to calm down, thinking of all her breathing exercises and memories with her family.

"They put actual moths in Billy Butcherson's actor's mouth. Kangaroos can't hop or walk backwards. Emus can't move backwards. The bird for Twitter is named Larry T. Bird. A Greek-Canadian dude invented Hawaiian pizza. You can burn off calories watching a scary movie. Slinkys can reach up to 82 feet."

She continues to try to remember every random fact Nathan's ever told her when he needs to calm her down. After a bit, the facts stop working, only forcing the girl into further despair.