𝟖| 𝐀𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚, 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲

ANTHEA

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

Ever since I could remember, my weekends were always filled someone. We would plan out every minute, from sleepovers to movie marathons and endless rounds of gossip.

But this weekend, I decided to do something different. I wanted to spend some time alone, just me, myself, and I. It wasn't that I didn't love them, I just needed some solitary moments to clear my mind and recharge on my own terms.

As Friday evening rolled around, I watched boys excitedly make plans for the weekend. They asked me if I wanted to join them, but I politely declined, telling them I wanted to have some alone time. They were taken aback, wondering why I would want to spend my weekend without them. But I assured them that everything was okay and that I just needed some time to myself.

As they left, I felt a little unsure of my decision. What would I do all weekend alone? The thought of spending two days without any plans seemed daunting at first, but I pushed those thoughts aside and promised myself that I would make the most of it.

Saturday morning, I woke up with no alarm and no plans, a luxury I hadn't experienced in a while. I took my time getting out of bed and made myself a cup of tea. It felt nice to not have to rush anywhere or do anything. I spent the morning reading in bed, catching up on my latest book, and it felt so peaceful to have no distractions.

Aiden and Tyson were out for these days so that's why I was alone in the house.

As the day went on, I found myself browsing through my wardrobe, finally getting around to organizing it. I tried on different outfits, danced around my room, and took some silly selfies. I even took a long, hot bath and gave myself a mini spa day. It was freeing to not have to impress or entertain anyone, just enjoying my own company.

As the evening approached, I made myself a simple dinner, something I rarely had the time to do. I ate while watching a movie, the sole focus on the film without any interruptions. Afterward, I cleaned up, did some stretching, and journaled, something I had been wanting to do but never had the time.

Sunday morning, I woke up feeling refreshed and content. I decided to go for a walk in the park near my house, something I hadn't done in a while. It was a beautiful day, the sun shining, and the birds chirping. I took my time, enjoying the sights and sounds around me, feeling grateful for this moment to myself.

As I sat on a bench, taking in the peaceful surroundings, I reflected on the past two days. It was different, spending a weekend without my friends, but it was a much-needed break.

My phone buzzed with messages from boys, asking me how my weekend was. I smiled, knowing that I had missed them, but I also valued the time I had to myself. I replied, 'It was amazing. How about we all hang out next weekend?' and eagerly waited for their responses.

As I left the park, I made a mental note to schedule more alone time in my busy life. It was a weekend well-spent, and I realized that sometimes, being alone is just what I needed.

I got to the house and immediately entered the kitchen and saw two figures I know.

"Hello, how are you?" both of them turned, their faces all sad, my smile dropped immediately.

"Did something happen?" I immediately asked.

"Sit somewhere," Tyson was the first to say something.

"Okay," I looked at both of them. "Please tell me now what happened."

I didn't even hear what they said, I just couldn't.

I stared blankly at the two boys in front of me, unable to process the words they had just spoken.

"What do you mean, my parents were in a plane crash?" I asked, my voice shaking.

Tyson and Aiden exchanged a look before Aiden took a deep breath and spoke. "Anthea, we're so sorry. Your parents were on a private plane to Europe when it crashed. There were no survivors."

I felt like my world was collapsing around me. My parents, my only family, were gone in an instant. I couldn't believe it. "It's not true. It can't be true," I whispered, hoping it was all some sick joke.

"I wish it were, Anthea. But it's the truth," Tyson said, his voice filled with sadness.

As if this news wasn't enough to shatter me, Aiden continued, "And there's something else you need to know. Your family... they were involved in the mafia."

I felt like the ground had been pulled out from under me. My family, in the mafia? It sounded like something out of a movie. "No, that's not possible. My parents were good people," I argued, tears streaming down my face.

"They were, Anthea. But they were also powerful leaders in the organization," Tyson explained. "And now, as their only surviving relative, you are next in line to take over as the leader."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Me? A leader of the mafia? I couldn't even process the thought. "I can't do it. I won't," I cried, shaking my head.

"Aye, you don't have a choice. You may not want the responsibility, but it's yours now," Aiden said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I pushed him away, feeling angry and confused.

"I won't accept this. I won't take over some criminal organization. I won't be a part of this world," I spat, my voice trembling with emotion.

But deep down, I knew I didn't have a choice. This was my family's legacy, whether I wanted it or not. And now, as the new leader, it was my job to continue it.

But I couldn't help but feel like a mess. I didn't want any of this. I just wanted my parents back.

Tears flowed freely down my cheeks as I thought about the weight of this burden on my shoulders. I would never accept this job, but I knew I had to. For my family's honor.

As I cried and struggled to come to terms with my new reality, all I could think was how unfair life could be. Losing my parents, finding out their true identity, and now being thrust into a role I never wanted.