CHAPTER XVII

KAORI

Today is the day.

The day where I get to be me.

The Real me

But of course, We prepared 5 hours before the event, and I don't know why I was nervous as heck! But I'm grateful cause everyone's been helping me to dress up.

After trying on gowns I've finally found something that I like and I could wear without worrying later the dinner.

Sophie had told me that I'll wear two dresses. Thank god the second dress was comfortable to wear.

Everything is perfect, as Sophie had told me.

I'm now standing behind the doors, waiting for my cue to enter.

It's also a good thing that my parents and I only invited our friends and relatives who traveled for more than 12 hours to just go to my birthday.

And of course, they already knew about me being a girl the moment I was born. Those times when I just ran away every time I see my aunts.

You do not know how much it hurts to be pinched in the cheeks-

"Mademoiselle, you'll be entering now." I collected my thoughts and made an elegant smile, not too much, not too less.

"Good luck," Sophie whispered bringing up her arms to cheer me on, to which I nodded.

The doors were slowly being opened and I stopped forward giving a small sigh to relieve my nervousness.

I saw everyone looking up at me, I gave them a smile. Slowly lifted up my gown with each step as I move down the staircase.

Sophie really made me the star for tonight by making me wear a black gown when everyone wears a white one.

Well, my second dress is white which I'll wear for later, and it's a good thing because I'll blend in when wearing that dress.

I scanned my eyes in the crown, looking for Omi.

Is he not here yet? Or did something come up?

Wait-

I shouldn't be thinking anything right now, or else I'll trip.

I put on a smile, it feels comfortable enough to call it fake.

The host gave me the microphone, a sign that it was my chance to talk. Well, I was not informed of having a speech in front of these people. But these people are my friends and family so I shouldn't really fear anything at all.

"Hi everyone, as you all know that today's my birthday.

And after a long time thinking about it, I decided to wear a dress, as you can see." They began to laugh lightly knowing where it came from.

"Well, I'd also like to grab this opportunity to thank all of my relatives who have been with us since I was still a kid. My family really appreciates the help and support you've given us.

To my cousins and their families who've come from different places just to be with us here tonight, let's hang out after the party. I'm sure you guys need some 'tea' before you go back." I chuckled lightly winking at the crowd.

"Well, as much as I'd like to keep talking. I'd leave it to the professional now. I hope everyone will have a good time tonight." I gave a final smile before handing the mic to the host.

I walked towards the chair that I'll sit in and fixed my gown before sitting on it. Good thing this puffy thing is comfortable to sit on. I really hope that Omi would be here tonight.

•••

SAKUSA

Fuck, shit-

"If we're late it's going to be your fault."

"Yeah, Yeah. Just focus on driving." I grumbled under my breath. I cannot believe that I almost lost the gift.

I ended up asking Komori for help. After like half an hour of finding it, we still haven't been able to find it.

But Komori joked that maybe it was inside the pocket of my suit all along. And of course, It wouldn't hurt to see if it were actually there.

And, yes, it was there all along.

"Gosh, Gosh. Love really makes people stupid." I saw Komori shake his head, slightly laughing. Is he literally making fun of me right now?

"Just make sure you ask her out tonight. The things I'll do if you won't. My back is freaking hurting from all the searching!"

"I get it I'm handsome but keep your eyes on the road Komori. I won't be able to ask Kaori out if we end up dying here because you keep looking at me."

"pFT-" Komori started laughing hysterically.

I swear if he teases me one more time, I'm gonna band him from entering my room.

•••

To be continued

Please leave a like:)