Pihu?

The door slightly opened and two figures entered inside. The light was off and sameer was sleeping on the bed rather peacefully. First person turned around and was about to switch on the light when the second one hit his hand.

Person2- ohh Bewakoof Khanna...light kya jala rahe ho...hum kya sameer se puch ke uske cupboard mein jhakenge

Arjun- oh god...karan ne kabhi tumhare is side ke bare mein nahi bataya...Sherlyn

Sherlyn- ho gayi tariff ab jaldi kaam karo

Arjun rolled his eyes and both went to his cupboard. Sherlyn pulled out the keys which was dangling from her waist. Arjun looked at her impressively.

Arjun- woah...yeh keys tumhare pass

Sherlyn was opening the cupboard. She without turning answered him.

Sherlyn- ohh yeah...pehle yeh keys mere pass thi...but fir preeta ke pass lekin usne mujhe lauta di as I was the eldest...

Arjun- ohh

Sherlyn opened the cupboard and they ransacked through it. They were going through each drawers but in vain. Arjun threw some clothes in frustration and a blue file fell from it.

Sherlyn- mil gayi

She quickly picked up the file. Arjun lit the torch and they went through the file. Their eyes widen like saucers and they both gulped, their body shaking with terror and anger.

Sherlyn quickly settled the cupboard and took the picture of the contents of the file and kept the file back before leaving but stopped seeing sameer. She slowly went towards her

His eyes were closed and tears drops could be seen on his cheeks. She sighed and caressed his head. Arjun looked at them with a tight smile.

Sherlyn- isko sabka dukh dikhta hai lekin iska dukh kyun kisi ko nahi dikhayi deta...

Arjun- koi bhi iske ansu ke haqdaar nahi hai...yeh ansu in selfish logo ke liye bane hi nahi hai

Sherlyn sighed and both went out.

*****

Karan was in their room. He was sitting on the couch with his laptop. Suddenly a hand was pressing his forehead. He looked around shockingly and saw preeta with a smile.

Preeta- kya hua bajarbattu aise kya dekh rahe ho...

Karan opened his mouth but no voice came out as he was in shock. Tears streamed down his eyes. Preeta smiled and wiped his tears lovingly and sat beside him.

Preeta- kya hua bajarbattu ro kyun rahe ho...

Karan- ba...babydoll...

Preeta- han sirf tumhari babydoll

Karan was about to touch her but she moved back and nodded in no.

Preeta- main asli nahi hu...imagination hu tumhari...tum chuna chaoge toh udd jaungi main...tum nahi chahoge na fir...sirf batein karo mujhse

Karan- kya baat kahu tumse preeta...main toh itna sharminda hu ki tumse nazre tak mila sakta hu

Karan rubbed his hand on his face and breaks down into sobs. Preeta smiled lightly and looked outside.

Preeta- ek kaam kar skate ho...um dono ki purani yadein taza karke...bohut pyar karti h tumse karan...lekin dar bhi lagta dil tutne ka...bohut dil toda hai tumne mera...kaise firse vishwas kar lu tumpe

Karan- maat karo...lekin mujhe chodke mat jana...main jee nahi paunga tumhare bina...man

He stopped hearing ahaan cry. He looked at ahaan and then at preeta to find her disappeared. He sighed and got up making his way to the cradle. He picked up ahaan slowly.

Karan- tu na sach mein mera hi beta hai...yeh ankhein yeh shararti sab mujhpe but yeh pyare se hoth teri mamma ke mile hai tujhe...

Ahaan again cries again. Karan immediately pressed his fingers on ahaan's lips.

Karan- are chup chup pagal hai kya teri mummy jag jayegi...sone de use...bohut thak gayi hai...accha dekh mujhe lori wori nahi ati but I can try ok...bas chup rehna tu

Ahaan stopped crying and looked at karan with expectant eyes. Karan slowly bit his forehead.

Karan- galat tha mamma pe gaya hai tu...

Karan- chandaniya chup jana re

Chhan bhar ko luk jana re

Nindiya ankho mein ayee

Bitiya meri so jaye

Leke goad mein sulaaon

Gaoon raat bhar sunaoon

Main lori lori, ho main lori lori

Karan heard soft snoring and looked to find Ahaan seeping peacefully. He smiled and kissed his cheeks before placing him on the cradle.

The door opened and Sherlyn Arjun came inside with haste. Karan looked at them with jerk indicating them to be quiet. Both nodded their head and closed the door.

Sherlyn- karan hume jo mila hai na who dekhke tumhare hosh udne wale hai

Karan- aisa kya mila hai bhabhi

Sherlyn- ruk

She opened her phone and showed karan the pictures. His eyes widen every passing minute and he sat on the bed with a thud. He looked at Sherlyn and Arjun with teary eyes.

Karan's lips trembled and he fisted the bedsheet in his hand.

His voice cracked and stopped as he was about to speak but regained it and with much difficulty he uttered a word.

Karan- pi...pihu

*****

In Kolkata

In a small bungalow.

"Pihu...pihu...kaha ho ap...dekho mummy ko aise pareshan nahi karte hai a jao na...dekho dinner ready hai...pihu pihu"

A woman in her mid-twenties was looking around the house. She was wearing a long pink kurti and a blue palazzo. Her hair tied in a bun. She was none other than shrishti.

Those eyes full of mischief were now serious and loving. From being careless she became responsible and careful.

She looked around and saw shadow behind a curtain. She smiled and went near the curtain and removed it.

Shrishti- pakad liya

She said pulling a 7 year old girl by her hand. She was pihu Luthra...oops sorry pihu shrishti Arora.

Pihu- oh ho mummy apne fir pakad liya mujhe...

Pihu pouts. Shrishti smiled and picked her up kissing her cheeks.

Shrishti- ap jahan bhi jaogi mummy apko pakad legi...samjhi...ab chalo dinner kar lete hai

She said and both happily chatting went to have dinner.