Chapter 4

~two weeks later~

The three cookies have grown closer over the passing days, but Pomegranate still glares at Espresso. Red Velvet takes no notice and nor does his cake monster when the two quarrel silently. Pomegranate would sometimes 'accidentally'  trip Espresso, or add sugar into his coffee. She also avoided topics about Espresso coming to the castle in her conversations with Red Velvet until now. 

Red Velvet somehow managed to convince Pomegranate to allow Espresso to visit, and Espresso accepted their offer. Espresso was still on guard in case this was a trap, which he highly doubts, and he also has to avoid Dark enchantress and the other cookies of darkness. 

Red Velvet's pov

I can't wait for today! Espresso was finally allowed to visit the castle and the cake tower where I live. Although it took tons of begging, Pomegranate finally agreed if I give her a hug. I always gave her hugs so I gave her an extra long hug if that makes sense.

I'm sure Pomegranate and Espresso would get along if he came over since he used to be with the cookies of darkness, although I kind of see why Pomegranate may be angry at him. She is really pationate and when Espresso left it kind of was like him thinking her clause wasn't important or was barbaric.

Why does Espresso always seem angry at her though? She's really nice, and brings me extra snacks sometimes. Oh well, it's probably nothing. Tensions are high after all, considering that we are getting into more fights against the kingdom cookies. 

I'm not sure how much longer Espresso has to hang out with me today. I once had a friend like him who just disspeared, and I don't want that to happen to Espresso. I feel like I should make a move with him today if I want him to know how I feel. I'll just ask for some privacy, Pomegranate should be able to respect that.

When I was a bit younger, I did developed feelings for Pomegranate, but she got rid of my close friend, Pastry cookie. Sure, at first Pastry was rude to my cake monsters, saying that they have no feelings, but over time, she grew to respect them and agreed to help and take care of me whenever I got too tired. 

I wonder what Pomegranate did.. one day Pastry simply was gone. I have no proof it was actually Pomegranate who caused her dissapearence, but who else could have done it? Pastry probably wouldn't have won a fight against her, and Pastry had disappeared a few days after she gave me a nickname. Espresso gave me a nickname too, but he is much much stronger in my opinion.. so I wonder if that has to do with why his still here. 

"Vel! How long does it take to get ready? If you don't escort Espresso to the castle, then I will do it! Alone!" Pomegranate screamed and pounded my doors. 

"Alright, coming Pom!" I yelled back and quickly threw on my jacket. 

When I opened my door, I saw Pomegranate standing there with her arms crossed and her face pouting. I laughed and ran towards the exit, motioning her to hurry up teasingly. She ran after me pouting and angry, but I could tell she was joking. When I finally slowed down for her, she leapt on me and hugged me before getting off. 

I wonder.. if she would accept my choices..

Espresso's Pov

Welp, today was the day I went to the wretched castle again. I had hoped to never see it ever agin, but Red velvet was my friend, and I just couldn't decline the offer even if I had to see the fucking place again. As I started walking I thought about the past weeks, and wondered if this was all real for the 50th time. So much for taking a walk to clear my head, it's simply clouding it up again.

What if this was only a trap for me to be captured? What if they were only using me to train the cake monsters.. What if I get attacked again, but by Dark enchantress instead? Red velvet wouldn't let Pomegranate hurt me, he doesn't seem like someone to betray me. Ah well, there's always a chance.