Chapter 13

Espresso's pov

For the whole day, Affogato showed me around the castle. He was quite nice in my opinion, so I feel like I could trust him. There's something about him though... Well, I don't know why Caramel Arrow was so worried.

We mostly talked about our life in each kingdoms. He explained some basic food, lifestyle, clothing style etc. He also talked about being the right hand of the king. I told him about my basic life but left out the drama from the past weeks, as well as life before joining the cookies of darkness. I did tell him about life with them though, as well as leaving them. Oh right!

"Hey, Affogato?" I asked and tapped his shoulder, "Where's Dark Choco and Caramel Arrow?"

So far, I had only met some servants, watchers, Choco Chip (who allowed me to pet his wolf. They reminded me of a cake pup a bit), and even Dark Cocoa himself! Affogato also asked Dark Cocoa for permission to send Choco Chip cookie for the one material I required and haven't found yet.

"Oh, the prince and her. They're probably chatting somewhere," He said, "Follow me."

"Ok, thanks," I said, following him.

We walked out the palace doors, and towards the back corner of what seemed like a training ground. There, on the bench, was Caramel Arrow smiling and talking to Dark choco.

"Oh hi, Espresso.. and you," She said when we walked closer.

Affogato looked pissed, but I replied, "Hi Caramel Arrow, Dark Choco. Also, the palace is HUGE! I feel like I'll get lost if you guys left me."

"Wait Espresso?!" Dark choco yelled surprised, "Holy shit! It is you!"

"Language!" Caramel arrow scowled.

"Sorry sorry," he said quickly, before stumbling up from the bench and giving me a tight hug.

"Hey- Wait! I thought you didn't like hugs?!" I protested, struggling to leave his tight grasp.

"Sorry," Dark Choco apologized, "I couldn't help it! It has been ages!"

"You guys should catch up," Caramel Arrow giggled, "Espresso is leaving around 2 days after all."

Dark Choco led me through the confusing corridors of the palace and to his room. Soon we were chatting away, catching up. Turns out, he became less depressed and dark ever since he abandoned his "evil" sword. His father accepted him back, and he started to talk with Caramel Arrow much more. She was pretty furious and sad when he returned and gave him a long lecture.

She did eventually forgive him though, and now keeps hugging him despite his protests. I in return also told him about everything, including the new drama that happened.

"Damn, that sucks," He said widening his eyes, "Pomegranate can definitely be a bitch. Also a long lost sister? Oh wow."

"At least it's better than never knowing at all," I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose, "And I kind of moved on from Red Velvet I suppose. I must say, Affogato is kind of good looking. He's also nice, so maybe I'll try dating him? I need something to help me forget this drama."

"I understand, but wouldn't getting into another relationship just make things worse?" He said concerned, "This doesn't sound like you. You would prefer to work and be alone."